Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport (ATL) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Metered taxis serve the airport;You can reserve a taxi at the Ground Transportation Centre island A. Only authorised taxis should be used. Contact the taxi information line- 404 530 6698. Shared-ride taxis are also available - 404 766 5312 and reservations can be made for door-to-door services. Services can be booked at the Ground Transportation Centre island B. Limousines can be booked at the same centres.
- The Greyhound bus service links the airport and the city.
- Regular fast trains leave the airport for town.
- Taxi, shuttle, bus, limousines and car
- Airport Info:
- The Ground Transportation Centre is located near baggage reclaim and deals with information on buses, taxis, shuttles, car hire, limousines and trains, disabled transportation and off-site airport parking. Information desks are to be found throughout. A visitor centre is situated in the Atrium, with tourist information.
- Lockers are available in the southwest area of the Atrium; Lost property is cared for by the Atlanta Airline Terminal Corporation - 404 530 2100
- A bank and a post office are to be found in the Atrium, foriegn exchange and ATMs can be found throughout the terminals.
- There is a chapel. A Service of Christian worship is held each Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
- More Services:
- There is a medical centre, as well as AED units (defibrillators).
- Eating & Drinking:
- With more than 200 shops and eating establishments you are sure to find that last minute gift.
- Loads of choice here including Burgers, Pizza, Wraps, Hot dogs, Fried Chicken, restaurants and brewhouses.
- Business Facilities:
- The Executive Conference Center - 800 713 1359 toll free or 404 761 6116 contains 23 meeting rooms, phones, photocopying, videoconferencing, fax, audiovisual equipment, teleconferencing and PC workstation/laptop facilities, which may be booked on an hourly/daily basis. Laptop Lane centres offer a meeting room in the Atrium, as well as Internet connection and business facilities, including telephone, fax, printing, photocopying and workstations. There are airline lounges for business-class passengers. A concierge service is available in the North Terminal baggage reclaim area with numerous business services available.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Facilities for disabled passengers include TDD phones, lifts and ramps. Disabled parking spaces, the long-term parking shuttle is wheelchair-accessible. Passengers who require wheelchairs and special assistance should inform their airline on booking.
- Airlines Served:
- ABX Air, ASA-St Petersburg, Academy Airlines, Aeromexico, Aeromexpress, Air Canada, Air France, Air Jamaica, Air Net Express, Air New Zealand, AirTran, Airport Group International, America West, American Airlines Cargo, American International Freight, Arrow Air, BAX Global, British Airways, China Airlines, Continental, Corporate Airlines, DHL Air, Delta Air Lines, EVA Air, Emery Worldwide, Evergreen Int´l, Fedex, Frontier Airlines, Japan Airlines, Korean Air, Martinair Holland, Midwest Express, Mountain Air Cargo, Northwest Airlines, Polar Air Cargo, Qantas, South African Airways, TWA, US Airways, United Airlines, United Parcel Service, Vanguard Airlines
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is usually included in your ticket price, inquire on booking.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Grant Park - Just South of downtown and a pleasant walk on a nice day, you'll discover the Cyclorama, a massive circular painting depicting the Battle of Atlanta in the Civil War which is explained by the guide as you sit inside. The very fine Atlanta zoo is also in the park featuring the giant Pandas. Buckhead - Where you will see the famous and rich(maybe not in that order), there is a superb museum in the Buckhead area -The Atlanta History Centre at 130 W Paces Ferry Rd and several other places of interest closeby including Swan House, Tullie Smith Farm and the Governors mansion. Downtown - The home of CNN who provide guided tours of the facility and in the same vein is The World of Coca -Cola in the Piazza is a chance to find out the history of the well known beverage. Underground Atlanta is a massive under the streets shopping centre open all hours.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Host volunteers are ready and willing to answer any airport or tourist information in addition to the information desks