Tampa International Airport (TPA) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- There is a taxi/limo/shuttle desk on both sides of arrivals
- The bus stops are in the Blue Quadrant 1 and Red Quadrant 2. No.30 on the Hartline route runs to central Tampa, the bus stop is situated at Red baggage reclaim.
- Taxi, shuttle, bus, limousines and car
- Airport Info:
- Information kiosks are to be found on level 3. Information is also available from Travellers Aid - 813 870 8797, on the same level.
- Trolleys are available throughout the Terminal and car parks for a small fee.
- Level 3 has a bank, foreign exchange, post boxes, stamp machines and ATMs. There is a post office situated by the economy car park.Telephones with data ports and individual data ports are dotted around the terminal.
- There is a chapel in the main Terminal and it is open all hours.
- More Services:
- There is a free shuttle bus from the airport level 1 to International Plaza, Tampa Bay?s newest shopping mall. First aid room and facilities for changing babies if you don't like yours.
- Eating & Drinking:
- A good mix of shopping, with duty free competing against gift outlets, bookshops and newsagents.
- Plenty of choice from a full restaurant meal to snacks, coffee shops and bars.
- Business Facilities:
- There is a business centre at the Airport Marriott Hotel adjacent to the airport which has computer workstations with Internet access, faxing, colour printing, copying and shipping services.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Good access for the disabled and facilities include, toilets, lifts, parking bays and TDD phones. Further assistance can be requested on booking.
- Airlines Served:
- ABX Air, Air Canada, Air Midwest, AirNet Systems, AirTran, Airlines, America West, American Airlines Cargo, Andesmar Lineas Aereas, Bankair, British Airways, Cayman Airways, Condor, Continental, DHL Air, Delta Air Lines, Fedex, Flight Express, Gulfstream Int´l, MGM Grand Air, Midway, Midwest Express, Northwest Airlines, Southwest, Spirit Airlines, TWA, Top Air, US Airways, United Airlines.
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is usually included in your ticket price, inquire on booking.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Tampa is the headquarters of many of Florida's businesses, but it's not only skyskrapers and razz-a-matazz. Tampa boasts some of the finest cultural attractions in America and some of them are: Museum of Science and Industry and Busch Gardens -Located at 4801 E Fowler Ave and a 20 minute drive northeast of the town and as such you will need a day or two to take it all in, but its a fantastic interactive museum thay includes an IMAX cinema. Nearby Bursch Gardens is the popular theme park, with enough white knuckle rides to pump anyones heart. Ybor City - The once shabby part of downtown populated by Cuban refugees has had a facelift, and now is the trendy hangout for locals and tourists alike. The Cuban roots are still evident in the atmosphere and buildings.Sit at one of the cafes with a Rum Punch and a cigar and it could almost pass for Havana. Florida Aquarium - 701 Channelside Drive, a great place to spend a few rewarding hours veiwing and learning about Florida's coastal life.