Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxi's are available for travellers and can be located at the transportation decks at each end of the terminal building on level 1.
- Palm Beach County?s public bus transport company PalmTran, offers a regular service throughout the whole of Palm Beach County. The bus stop is located on level 1 of the terminal and route maps can be found inside the termina. For futher information travellers can contact Tel: 561 841 4200.
- Tri-Rail is a railway service which provides transportation between West Palm Beach and Miami and stops at many locations in-between.
- There are a couple of options available to travellers for driving to the airport. These include taxi's, busses and rental cars.
- Airport Info:
- The airport is equipped with Travelers Aid information desks, which are located in the centre of of the baggage reclaim area on level 1. Passengers will also find a Traveler Service Center on level 2, which offers a selection of travel-related services. Airport ambassadors are also available throughout the terminal to assist passengers and can be identified by their teal jackets.
- The baggage claim facility is located on level 1 of the terminal. The airport has trolleys which are available for hire in the baggage claim area, as well as a Skycap porter service.
- Located in the Travel Service Centre on level 2, you will find ATM's and a bureau de change.
- More Services:
- Available in the Travel Service Centre, is a stamp machine and post box, a shoeshine facility and travel insurance facilities.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The airport is equipped with shops which are situated on level 2, these include gift shops, newsagents, a toy store and a PGA Golf shop. Located on Concourse B, you will find a newsagent, a gift shop and a book store and on Concourse C, you will find a newsagent and gift shop.
- The airport is equipped with a great selection of retail outlets. These include stores like Paradies Gift Shop, Paradies Main News Stand, Baby Boomers, PGA Tour Shop, JL Unlimited and many others.
- Business Facilities:
- Conference rooms and business facilities, which include telephones, fax and data ports can be arranged by the Traveler Services Centre on level 2.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Ground transportation for the disabled is available from the airport, as well as wheelchairs which are available from the individual airline counters. These services should be requested in advance, should they be required.
- Airlines Served:
- Air Canada, Bahamasair, Comair - Delta, Continental, Delta Air Lines, Northwest Airlines, TWA, US Airways, United Airlines
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Passengers who are troubled with flight delays have numerous options available, should they have time to spare. These include places such as: Ann Norton Sculpture Gardens - 253 Barcelona Rd, West Palm Beach. Sculptures created by the famous artist Ann Norton are scattered throughout the house and gardens, which were made to showcase the art and to provide a haven for local birds. The sculptures are mainly crafted of brick and have a substantial and almost primitive quality. They come upon you in the landscape as discoveries, set among a collection of palms and other plants ranging from about 300 specimens. Palm Beach Zoo - 1301 Summit Blvd, West Palm Beach. The zoo started off as a haven for farmers to show off their cattle and has now grown to include hundreds of specimens on almost 25 acres of territory. Among the inhabitants you will find macaws, emus, wild turkeys, tigers, monkeys, panthers, kangaroos, sloths, pythons, alligators, and tortoises. Trading hours are daily 9am-5pm. This is a wonderful place to go for the enjoyment of adults and children alike. South Florida Science Museum and Planetarium - 4801 Dreher Trail N, West Palm Beach. The museum features a full range of interactive exhibits. The facility is equipped with the opportunity to teach young people about dinosaurs, marine life, space, botany, electricity, geology, and light. It also features an outdoor science trail, a planetarium, star shows, and an aquarium.