Miami International Airport (MIA) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Numerous taxi, van and limousine services are available from the airport (Tel: (305) 876 8494) for more information. The taxi rank is on the ground level of the terminal outside the baggage claim area. SuperShuttle vans can be called on Tel:(305) 871-2000.
- The local city bus service Metro-Bus, provides services to areas of Miami-Dade County. The bus station at the airport is located on level1 of Concourse E.
- Metro Mover is the Downtown-Specific fixed-rail system, which provides transportation to popular locations in the Downtown Miami and Brickell areas. The Tri-Rail Train service, which runs along Interstate 95, provides service to the airport from Broward and Palm Beach Counties. The Airport Train Station is east of the airport, across Le Jeune Road (42 Avenue) on NW 21st Street. Metro-Bus provides free shuttle service to the airport terminal for passengers with a valid Tri-Rail ticket.
- Buses, taxis, limousines and shuttles provide transport from the airport.
- Airport Info:
- There is an Information Centre on level 2 Concourse E. A paging system is available throughout the terminal, use any white courtesy phone in the terminal to request information or assistance.
- Baggage trolleys and a porter service is available. A Lost and Found Office (tel:(305) 876-7377) is located near the entrance to Concourse E, Level 2.
- There is a Bank, Bureaux de Change and ATMs in the airport.
- There is a chapel in the airport.
- More Services:
- Telephones are located throughout the airport. Internet access is available. There is a Post Office on Concourse B level 4. Toilets and baby-change facilities are provided. There are pharmacies, a health club, a hair salon, a barber and a shoeshine service.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Eateries include Pizza Strata, Sushi-to-Go, Fruit Tree Cafe, Chilli's Too, Hole in One, Baked Potato Cart, Cafe Versailles, Cozzoli's Pizzeria, Cafe La Carreta, Home Turf Sports Bar, Sbarros, South Beach Bar, Budweiser Brew House, Top of the Port Restaurant, Attitudes Bar, Sam Adams Brew House, Guava & Java and many more.
- There are plenty of newsstands and gift shops. There are book shops a Sunglass Hut and Eddie Stephen's Men's Shop and Duty Free shops.
- Business Facilities:
- The Miami International Airport Hotel (tel:(305) 871-4100), located on Concourse E, Level 2, offers board and conference rooms and meeting facilities. Also available in the hotel are shower facilities at the health club. There are several executive lounges in the airport.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Parking for the disabled is available on level 3, near the travelators. Wheelchair accessible toilets are provided. TDD telephones for hearing-impaired people are available. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- Aero Continente Chile, Aero Mexico, Aero Postal, Aerolineas Argentineas, Aeromar, Air Canada, Air D'Haiti, Air France, Air Jamaica, Air Transat, Airtran, Alaska Airlines. Alitalia, America West, American Airlines, American Eagle, ATA Airlines, Ascerca, Aviacsa, Avianca, Bahams Air, Balair CTA, British Airways, BWIA, Canadian Airlines, Cayman Airways, Cape Air, Champion Air, Continental Airlines, Continental Connection, Copa, Crossair, Delta Airlines, Dutch Caribbean, Airlines, Edelweiss, El-Al, Falcon Express, Grupo Taca, Iberia, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Lab Bolivia, Lacsa, Lan Chile, Lan Dominicana, Lan Ecuador, Lan Peru, Lauda Airlines, LTU, Lufthansa, Lynx, Martinair, Mexicana, Miami Air, Northwest, Planet Air, Qantas, Solair, Southern Winds, Sun Country, Suriname Airways, Swiss Air, TAM, United Airlines, US Airways, Varig Airlines, Virgin Airlines.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Visit the Museum of Science and Planetarium, Coconut Grove. Visit Bayside Marketplace downtown Miami, take Bus No 7. Explore the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens in Coconut Grove.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Annual passenger count exceeds 14 million