Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis leave from the lower level of the terminal building by the baggage reclaim area.
- The bus stop is at the lower level of the terminal building next to the baggage reclaim area.
- Taxi, shuttle, bus and car
- Airport Info:
- The information centre/welcome desk - 904 741 4902 is located on the lower level of the terminal building.
- Lost property and lost pets services are available. Trolleys attract a small fee. Lockers can be hired in the Business Centre, on the upper level courtyard.
- ATMs are located on the lower level by the baggage reclaim and on the upper level before the security checkpoint. Postal facilities are situated in the Business Centre, on the upper level.
- The chapel is open for 24 hours.
- More Services:
- There are massage and shoeshine facilities and a 24-hour florist for those emergencies.
- Eating & Drinking:
- 2 newsagencies, a book shop,DVD rental, jewellers, florist and PGA tour golf shop compliment each other nicely.
- An impressive mixture including a top class deli, Italian diner, choice of 3 micro breweries and fast food.
- Business Facilities:
- The Business Centre - 904 741 2730 at the airport is located on the upper level courtyard, facilities include postal services, a conference room, telephone, data ports, a change machine and mobile phone hire. The Delta Crown Room executive lounge is on concourse A. The Clarion Airport Hotel & Conference Centre offers similar facilities.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is wheelchair accessible with lifts, toilets and wheelchairs available. Passengers with special needs should arrange assistance on booking.
- Airlines Served:
- Airtran Airlines, American Airlines, Comair, Continental Airlines, Continental Connection/Express, Delta Air Lines, Executive Airlines, Independence Air, Midway Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express, USAirways, USAirways Express.
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is usually included in your ticket price, inquire on booking.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Largest U.S city in size, not so much population and although spread out there are areas where one can take in much so here are a few suggestions: The Skyway Monorail - Leaves from the convention centre regularly on its 10 minute ride. This will give you a birds eye view (abeit low flying) of the city. Museum of Science and History - 1025 Museum Circle a river taxi ride to the south bank will bring you to this interactive museum and planetarium. Cummer Museum of Art and gardens - At 829 Riverside Drive attractive house and gardens. The house is spacious and contains many fine works of art. A good place to spend a couple of hours.