Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) Guide
Other Airports in Washington DC
Directions & Transportation
- Washington Flyer Taxicabs have the monopoly here and leave from the main Terminal, limos have to be pre booked.
- The bus leaves from outside the Arrivals level at door No4.tickets can be bought from ground transportation centre ticket counter, on the Arrivals level.
- Taxi, shuttle, bus, limousines and car
- Airport Info:
- On the lower level baggage reclaim you will find the International Visitors Information Services desk, travellers aid services are available at the same place.
- The airport police handle lost property - 703 572 2954, trolleys and porters are available for use.
- ATMs, currency change and Internet kiosks are located throughout the airport.
- More Services:
- A shoe shine in concourses A and C, and rent a cell phone in concourse B
- Eating & Drinking:
- Newsagencies on all concourses, nice big duty free shops, fashion, books, gifts and music. Plenty to while away your time.
- As you would expect from a sizable airport there are choices galore including, a brewhouse, pizza place, Euro cafe, coffee shops and fast food.
- Business Facilities:
- On the upper level of the main terminal on the east and west sides are the Business service centres. They provide money change facilities, insurance, fax, copying, legal and other services. There are other business service centres in the Concourses B, C and D. The Washington Dulles Airport Marriott has conference facilities that include 14 business rooms, large ballroom and a full business centre.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport has disabled toilets, lifts with Braille signs and parking spaces for disabled passengers in the airport car parks close to the terminal or close to the shuttle bus shelter. The buses have wheelchair lifts. Other assistance can be requested from your airline.
- Airlines Served:
- Aeroflot, Air Canada, Air France, All Nippon, American Airlines Cargo, Atlantic Coast Airlines, Austrian Airlines, BWIA West Indies Airways, British Airways, Continental, Delta Air Lines, Grupo Taca/Taca Int´l, KLM, Korean Air, Lufthansa, Midwest Express, Northwest Airlines, Saudi Arabian, Spanair, Sun Country Airlines, Swiss, TWA, US Airways, United Airlines
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is usually included in your ticket price, inquire on booking.
- Activities near the Airport:
- The airport is a bit out of Washington city centre, but here are a few things under the Smithsonian banner to do nearby: The National Air and Space Museum's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Centre - Located near the Airport in Chantilly, The centre consists of 2 large hangers displaying aircraft from the earliest times to modern times, from the famous "Enola Gay" to Space Shuttle Enterprise. There is a giant cinema and food court and it's close enough to spend a good couple of hours. The National Zoo - 3001 Connecticut Avenue northwest of the city and a short drive from the airport. This is an impressive establishment and to do it justice you could spend the day at it's many attractions. You will find something to interest you here, guaranteed.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Very impressive modern design makes this airport stand out.