San Francisco International Airport (SFO) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- There are taxis available at the airport.
- The SFO Airporter bus leaves every fifteen minutes for Union Square and the Financial district. The blue SuperShuttle, American Airporter Shuttle and Bay Shuttle minibuses depart every five minutes for city-center for around $14 a head.
- BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) operates a rapid rail service to San Francisco, San Mateo County, and the East Bay from the BART station located on the departures level of the International Terminal.
- There are buses, shuttles, and taxis available at the airport.
- Airport Info:
- There are information booths located in all terminals, and computerised information kiosks are offered at the desks. Travellers Aid kiosks are located in all terminals as well,
- The lost property office is located on the Arrivals level of Terminal 1, and left-luggage is located at the Airport Travel Agency, in the International Terminal. Trolleys are available throughout the terminals.
- There is a full service bank and a self-service postal centre in Terminal 3, and ATM's are located throughout the terminals. Bureaux de change and currency exchange machines are available as well,
- There is a meditation room available at the airport.
- More Services:
- There is a medical centre at the airport, and baby change rooms.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are a number of shops selling good quality items from sweets to gifts, and 4 duty-free shops as well located at different points throughout the airport.
- There are bars, cafes, and restaurants at the airport.
- Business Facilities:
- The Turpen Aviation Museum, (tel 650 821 9911) is located in International Terminal, and can accommodate up to 250 delegates. The Airport Travel Agency (tel 650 877 0422), also located in the International Terminal, offers fax and photocopying services.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is physically accessible to disabled passengers, and airline employees are available to assist passengers with disabilities before departure or upon arrival. There are TDD/TTY phones located throughout the airport for hearing-impaired travellers. the Shuttle Bus is equipped with a lift, and there are designated parking spaces for the disabled driver in all car parks.
- Airlines Served:
- ABX Air, Aeromexico, Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, America West, American Airlines Cargo, American Eagle, BAX Global, British Airways, Continental, Delta Air Lines, Emery Worldwide, Fedex, Frontier Airlines, Hawaiian, Horizon, Mesa Airlines Inc, Northwest Airlines, Sky West Airlines, Southwest, US Airways, United Airlines, United Parcel Service
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- Grab a bus or taxi and take a look at San Francisco, home to the magnificent Golden Gate Bridge, an architectural masterpiece of building with an incredible span. On the other side of the coin, take a look at Alcatraz, the grim prison that has a history of cruel and unusual punishment. If none of that appeals, then do the Compleat Tourist thing, and take a ride in a cable car that offer scenic rides up the steep streets of the city.
- Other Interesting Information:
- San Francisco is the gay capital of the world and renowned for its liberality, and it its easy-going attitude that is attracting people to its centre from every corner of America. Its coffers are filled to capacity thanks to the high earning and spending capacity of its large single, and gay, numbers.