San Diego International Airport (SAN) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- There are a number of taxicab companies located at the airport. Follow the signs leading to the Transportation Plazas, where a co-ordinator will place you with the first available taxi.
- There are buses available at the airport that will carry passengers to the city centre. There is a 10-minute bus service that connects with Trolley, Coaster and Amtrak stations and is wheelchair accessible.
- There is a Metropolitan Transit System bus, the Flyer Route No 992, that travels between the Airport and downtown San Diego, and connects with the Coaster train at the Santa Fe Depot. Validated Coaster tickets may be used for a free transfer to the Flyer Route No. 992, to get you to the airport. Buses depart near the Santa Fe Depot, the Amtrak train station at the corner of Kettner and Broadway, every 10 minutes between 5:00 a.m. and 12:50 a.m.
- There are taxis, municipal buses, and shuttle services, available for transportation to city centre.
- Airport Info:
- There are information booths in Terminals 1 and 2, and airport ambassador staff provide roving assistance throughout the airport.
- There is a lost property service available in Terminal 2 (tel 619 686 8002) .
- There is a Bureaux de change and ATMs are available.
- More Services:
- AED units (defibrillators) are in place throughout the terminals.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are a variety of shops located in Terminals 1 and 2, but there are no duty-free shops at the airport.
- There are restaurants, bars, fast-food outlets, coffee shops and snack bars located throughout the airport.
- Business Facilities:
- For details of the different conference and meeting rooms available, contact the Office of Strategic Services (tel 619 686 8139). Airlines provide their own club lounges for members and business-class passengers.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Lifts, TDD phones, and fully accessible toilets are available for the disabled passenger. The Flyer Route bus and the inter-terminal shuttle are both wheelchair accessible, and assistance is available from airport ambassador volunteer staff. There are designated parking spaces for disabled drivers available in terminal car parks. Passengers requiring special assistance are advised to inform their airlines in advance.
- Airlines Served:
- ABX Air, Aeromexico, Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, America West, American Airlines Cargo, American Eagle, BAX Global, British Airways, Continental, Delta Air Lines, Emery Worldwide, Fedex, Frontier Airlines, Hawaiian, Horizon, Mesa Airlines Inc, Northwest Airlines, Sky West Airlines, Southwest, US Airways, United Airlines, United Parcel Service
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- There is so much to do and see in San Diego, that you might just decide to miss your flight altogether and spend the rest of your life in this city of fun and entertainment. For a start there are over 90 golf clubs in and around San Diego, a world famous zoo, brilliant beaches, casinos, and of course, especially for the kids, LEGOLAND.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Known as 'Americas Finest City', San Diego has a population of nearly 1.3 million people, making it the seventh largest metropolis in the US. It is home to the world famous San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park, SeaWorld San Diego, and 70 miles of pristine beaches. With an outstanding number of world-class family attractions, including LEGOLAND, San Diego is a city that hosts over 26 million visitors each year.