Sacramento International Airport (SMF) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- You can locate a taxi in the ground transportation area adjacent to the baggage claim area at Terminal A and across from the airport hotel at Terminal B.
- Bus: Yolobus (tel: 530 666 2877) provides a public bus service on the intercity bus route no.42 to central Sacramento, Davis and Woodland.
- Ground transportation information booths are located in Terminal A and between Terminals B1 and B2 All rental car agencies at the Airport are located in one centralized area. Shuttle busses frequently transport passengers between the rental car terminal and the rental car shuttle stops in front of each terminal. This terminal serves Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Dollar, Hertz and National as well as serves as a pick up point for two local off-airport agencies.
- Airport Info:
- Volunteer-staffed information booths operate in the lobbies of Terminals A and B1 at Sacramento International. Trained volunteers are on-hand each day from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. to answer questions and distribute information about the airport and local tourist attractions.
- Baggage carts are available by the side of the terminal kerbs and in all baggage areas.
- ATMs are located throughout the airport. There is a full-service post office on Lindbergh Drive, outside the terminal complex
- More Services:
- An emergency-only medical service is available by dialling 911 on the white courtesy telephones. There are children?s play areas in Terminal A. Translation services by telephone are available in approximately 150 languages. Customers with limited English proficiency can dial 00 on any white courtesy phone to be connected with the service. The service is also accessible at ticket counters, retail stores, and food and beverage sites on an as-needed basis
- Eating & Drinking:
- Shops at the airport include a travel goods shop, a bookshop, a newsagent and gift shops.
- Eating facilities include a pizza restaurant, a bar, fast-food outlets, coffee shops, a Chinese restaurant, a delicatessen and a bakery. There is also a food court situated between Terminal B1 and B2.
- Business Facilities:
- The on-site Host International Hotel can provide business facilities, including fax and Internet services, and two conference rooms.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is fully accessible to disabled travellers. Skycap porters can provide wheelchair assistance free of charge.
- Airlines Served:
- Alaska Airlines, America West, American Airlines Cargo, Continental, DHL Air, Delta Air Lines, Fedex, Horizon, Northwest Airlines, Southwest, TWA, United Express.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport Departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Ask at the ticket office at time of booking.
- Activities near the Airport:
- If you have time to spare nip into Rochester and visit the Rochester Museum & Science Centre.The unique, world-class collection of over 1.2 million Regional History, Anthropology, Natural Sciences, and Archives objects has formed the basis of the interpre
- Other Interesting Information:
- The Airport Beacon is a monthly publication produced by the Sacramento County Airport System that gives details about recent events, projects, flight volume, new employees, and personnel profiles at Sacramento International, Mather, and Executive Airports