Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis can be found curbside on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal under the Yellow sign for Taxis. The taxis serving LAX are: Authorized Taxicab Supervision (ATS), Beverley Hills Cab Company, Independent Taxi Owners Association, L.A.Taxi/United Checker Cab. Prime Time Shuttle and SuperShuttle provide shared van rides. Roadrunner Shuttle provides long distance van rides.
- Free shuttle bus service is provided to the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority - Metro Rail Green Line Aviation Station. To use this shuttle service wait under the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal, and board the
- Buses, Vans, Shuttles and Taxis provide transport from the Los Angeles airport.
- Airport Info:
- You can phone (tel: 310 646 5252) 24/7 for recorded information. Travelers Aid desks provide information and assistance as well as access to the AT & T language line to assist with translations. They assist stranded travellers and the elderly and disabled.
- Luggage storage facilities are available off-site. Storage vendors are : MBI Enterprises (tel:(310) 646 7460), Aer Ex (tel:(310) 670 2834) and LAX International Baggage Service (tel:(310) 646 0222). Contact your airline first if you have a problem with lost suitcases or other items. Then check with restaurants, taxis, buses, etc before checking with the LAX Airport Police Lost and Found (tel:(310) 417- 0440)
- Foreign currency exchange can de done at a Business Centre and ATMs are located in each terminal.
- More Services:
- Telephones with Internet access are located throughout the airport terminals. Fax and photocopy is located in Terminal 3 and Tom Bradley Terminal. Moneygram wired money is located in Terminal 3. Cell phone rentals is available in Tom Bradley Terminal. There are no Postal services in the airport. E-mail access is available in Terminals 3, 7 and 8. First Aid is located in the Tom Bradley International. LAX has an Automated External Defibrillator program in place to assist persons who suffer from sudden cardiac arrest.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There is a choice of 64 places to go and dine or find something to drink. All the terminals have eateries. Enjoy!
- 46 shops in LAX offer many different shopping opportunities throughout the airport. Duty Free shopping is available in the Tom Bradley International terminal and in Terminals 2,3,4,5,6 and 7.
- Business Facilities:
- The Travel Right Cafe in Terminal 4 Departure Level provides Inter access. Travelers with laptop computers, cellular phones and personal digital assistants can easily hook up to a port to either stay connected, cyber surf or renew their power supply at no charge while enjoying refreshments. The cafe has 48 ports/phone jacks and electrical outlets accommodating up to 68 users. The Hilton Los Angeles Airport Hotel (tel: 310 410 4000) provides meeting rooms, two ballrooms and a fully equipped business centre.
- Disabled Facilities:
- A new special assistance vehicle to transport passengers with disabilities or special needs between passenger terminals and remote gates is available. Parking for the disabled is available and rampways to access the airport and lifts to access the different levels in the terminals. Toilets for the disabled are located in all the terminals. Restrooms for the disabled are provided in Terminals 2 and 6. Shuttle service between terminals is available in Shuttle A. Coffee shops and snack bars are accessible and provide ample space for the disabled to serve themselves and space to dine. Travelers Aid (tel:(310) 646-2270) is available and telephones for the deaf are also provided. There is a TDD information line (tel: 310 665 0370). If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- Aer Lingus, Aero California, Aeroflot, Aerolitoral, Aeromexico, Air Canada, Air France, Air India, Air Jamaica, Air Mobility Command, Air New Zealand, Air Pacific, Air Tahiti Nui, Air Tran Airways, Alaska Airlines, All Nippon Airways, America West Airlines, American Airlines, American Eagle, American Trans Air, Asiana Airlines, Aviacsa Airline, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Champion Air, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, Continental Airlines, Copa Airlines, CORSAIR International, Delta Airlines, El AL Israel Airlines, EVA Air, Frontier Airlines, Harmony Airways, Hawaiian Airlines, Horizon Air, Japan Airlines, Jetsgo, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Airlines, LACSA Airlines, Lan Chile, LTU International Airways, Lufthansa, Malaysia Airline, Mexicana Airlines, Miami Air, Midwest Express Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Omni Air International, Philippine Airlines, QANTAS, Singapore Airlines, Song Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Sun Country, Swiss International Air Lines, TACA International Airlines, TED Airlines, Thai Airways, United Airlines, United Express, US Airways, Varig Brazilian Airlines, Virgin Airlines, World Airways.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Other Interesting Information:
- Passenger traffic from January thru June 2004 exceeds 29 million.