Bob Hope Airport (BUR) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Bob Hope Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 5km to the northwest of Burbank and 20km to the north of Los Angeles.
- (1)818 840-8840
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available from taxi stops in front of the terminal building.
- There are regular MTA public buses that run to Hollywood (bus no.163), Burbank (bus no.165) and downtown Los Angeles (bus no.94). The bus stop is located stop at the main roadway entrance to the airport, which is 1/4 mile walk from the terminal. Bus passengers can walk directly to an airport parking shuttle stop at that intersection and get a shuttle ride to the terminal.
- There are regular local commuter trains, Metrolink and Amtrak, that serve the airport station. The airport station is located on Empire Avenue, at the south entrance to the airport.
- There are a several options available to passengers traveling to and from the airport by road, including car; taxi; shuttle; and bus services.
- Airport Info:
- There is an information desk located in the centre of Terminal A. Courtesy telephones are located throughout the airport.
- The airport has a lost property service at the information desk.
- There is a bank located at the main entrance of the airport, at Hollywood Boulevard. ATMs are located throughout the airport in both terminals.
- More Services:
- There is a first aid service and public telephones are located in both terminals.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The airport has a few shops located in the terminal building, including a gift shop; a newsagent and a duty free shop.
- The airport has a few restaurants and snack bars located in the terminal building.
- Business Facilities:
- The close by Hilton Burbank Airport & Convention Centre provides extensive business and conference facilities. There are also two conference rooms available on a prearranged basis and reservations can be made through the airport's Operation Department.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport has ramps; adapted toilets; TDD phones; and reserved parking spaces for disabled passengers. Lifts are also provided to assist disabled passengers with boarding the planes.
- Airlines Served:
- Alaska, Aloha, America West, American, Southwest, United
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- Travellers delayed at Bob Hope Airport for a few hours can take a train, bus or taxi in to L.A., from there all of these activities are within easy reach.