Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- There are three taxi companies that serve the airport. There are no extra charges for more than one person or for baggage. Travellers may choose from any taxi from the waiting line.
- Phoenix Transit bus Red Line and number 13 provide lift-equipped (for disabled passengers) transport to and from the airport, as well as throughout the entire Phoenix area.
- There is no longer an Amtrak train service to Phoenix.
- There are a couple of options available to travellers for driving to the airport. These include taxi's, busses and rental cars.
- Airport Info:
- There are information desks available, which are located throughout all terminals. There is also a Traveller's Aid which is located in Terminal 4. The number to contact should you require assistance is, Tel: 602 244 1346.
- The airport features a lost property office, which is situated between Terminals 2 and 3, passengers can contact the office on Tel: 602-273-3300.
- Located in all three terminals, you will find ATM's and located in Terminal 4, you will find a bureau de change.
- The airport has a interfaith chapel, which is located in Terminal 4.
- More Services:
- The airport has a pet rest area, and just past security in Terminals 2, 3 and 4 you'll find shoe shine stands.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The airport offers a great selection of retail stores, ranging from souvenir stores and newsstands to childrens stores. These include stores like Arizona Passages, Curious Creatures, News Travels Fast, Southwest Pizzazz, PGA Tour Golf Shop, Talking Hands, Desert Images, Southwest Gift Gallery, Pueblo Spirit, Inc, Wild, Wild Best, Inc and many more.
- The airport features a selection of restaurants and cafe's. These include Not Just Chiles, HMS Host - Food & Beverage, CA One - Food & Beverage and a couple of others.
- Business Facilities:
- The airport is equipped with business centres, located in Terminals 2 & 4. The centres provide computer points, as well as fax and photocopying services.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport has facilities which cater for the disabled and include level access and lifts, wheelchair-accessible telephones, toilets and ATMs, as well as TDD and amplified phones. There are disabled parking spaces, which are reserved for badge holders in all the car parks.
- Airlines Served:
- Aeroliterol, Aeromexico, AWA Express, Air Canada, Alaska Air, America West, American Airlines, Arizona EXP, British Air, Champion, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Great Lakes, Hawaiin Airlines, Miami Air, Midwest Airlines, North West Airlines, Royal Air, Southwest Airlines, Sun Country, US Airways, United Airlines.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Other Interesting Information:
- One of the best places in Phoenix to see art is at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, as it is home to one of the largest airport art programs in the United States. The majority of the artworks and exhibitions are displayed in the terminals in order for visitors to view them without having to go through airport security. There are also displays located outside. All exhibitons are free and most of them are accessible 24 hours per day.