Anchorage Ted Stevens International Airport (ANC) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- At the north Terminal taxis are located outside the Arrivals hall and at the South Terminal they can be found just outside the baggage claim area or via the underground transportation hall.
- The No 7 runs between the airport and the city centre and a shuttle service is available.
- Taxi, shuttle, bus, limousines and car
- Airport Info:
- There are information desks in both terminals
- The lost property office is located on the Departures (upper) level of the South (domestic) Terminal 907 266 2623 and a baggage storage facility, also in the same Terminal of the Airport on the lower (Arrivals) level opposite baggage reclaim.
- There is a Foreign exchange, ATMs a Post Office and a bank.
- More Services:
- The Alaska Native Medical Centre (no shortage of ice packs) has a centre in the South Terminal. There is also a barber shop.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Duty free Alaska run several airport shops including, Gift & News, Alaska Kids, David Green Fur Gallery, Alaska Souvenirs & Apparel, Duty Free Liquor & Tobacco, Cosmetics &Fragrance, Fashion World Accessories, Health & Nutrition, Gourmet Market.
- Plenty of eating places from Burgers to Alaskan style dining.
- Business Facilities:
- There are no business or conference facilities at the airport. Close to the Airport The Millennium Alaskan Hotel 907 243 2300 has seven meeting rooms, audiovisual equipment, and fax and photocopying facilities.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is fully equipped for disabled passengers, toilets,lifts, wheelchairs and assistance are available and passengers should contact the airline with which they are travelling for further help.
- Airlines Served:
- Aeroflot, Air China, Air Hong Kong, Alaska Airlines, America West, American Trans Air, Asiana, Atlas Air, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, Continental, Delta Air Lines, EVA Air, Emery Worldwide, Era Aviation (Alaska), Evergreen Int´l, Fedex, Frontier Flying Service, Gemini, Hawaiian, Japan Airlines, Korean Air, Malaysia Airlines, Martinair Holland, Nippon Cargo Airlines, Northern Air, Northwest Airlines, Polar Air Cargo, Reno Air, SIA Cargo, South Central Air, Southern Air, United Airlines, United Parcel Service
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is usually included in your ticket price, inquire on booking.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Anchorage is home to the majority of people in this very large state and some of the citys highlights include: Anchorage Museum of History and Art - 121 W Seventh Ave, is an excellent museum that depicts Anchorages past history and there are many art works. Alaska Experience Centre - Is on 6th Ave.A gigantic wrap around screen gives one a sense of the beauty of Alaska. Imaginarium - A hands-on guide to the outdoor life in this cold state (wear gloves).