Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis and limousines are available outside the Arrivals level. Airport cab fares are around CAD40 or more, negotiate and pay the fare up front.
- Public Transit buses are the cheapest but shuttle buses provide 24 hour service.
- Public Transit buses, shuttle, buses, taxis and limousines can transport you to the city centre.
- Airport Info:
- Information telephone lines are available to help (tel: 416 247 7678) for terminals 1 and 2 and (tel: 416 776 5100) for terminal 3. Information help desks are located in all three terminals and uniformed staff are on hand to assist you.
- International Skycap Services (Tel: 905 677 0909) operate a porter service. Baggage trolleys are available in the terminals and the car park. Lock-up luggage facilities are located in all the terminals.
- There is a Bank in the Arrivals level of terminal 2. Bureaux de Change and ATMs are located in terminals 1 and 2.
- There are multi-denominational chapels in the airport.
- More Services:
- Telephones and Internet access is located throughout the airport. There is a counseling service for passengers and medical emergency clinics. Baby change facilities as well as a nursery is available. The Airport provided free boosts for those cars that just won't start when the weather is so cold.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Choose from Hogtown Bar & Grill, Casey's Molson's Pub, Kensington Marketplace, Second Cup, BelAire Cafe, Pumpernickels, Ritazza Cafe, Yogen Fruz, Baroli, and Mosaics Cafe among the numerous eating and drinking venues.
- Numerous shops offering a wide range of goods are available throughout the airport, offering Fashionwear, confectionery, gifts, flowers and much more. You can visit The Great Canadian Bookstore, Paradise Shops, Official Sports, Front Page, Bienvenue Gifts and News, Relay and Time Zone.
- Business Facilities:
- Full business and conference facilities is available at the Gateway Sheraton Hotel (tel: 905 672 7000).
- Disabled Facilities:
- Parking is available in all parking lots. The Airport is wheelchair accessible and lifts and ramps are provided in all the terminals. There are toilets for the disabled as well as TTY telephones. Arrange with the airline to provide a wheelchair prior to departure.
- Airlines Served:
- Aeroflot, Aeromexico, Aerosvit Airlines, Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz, Air France, Air Jamaica, Air New Zealand, Air Plus Comet, Air Transat, Alaska Airlines, Alitalia, All Canada Express, All Nippon, America West, American Airlines Cargo, Atlantic Coast Airlines, Austrian Airlines, BWIA West Indies Airways, British Airways, Canjet, Casino Express, Cathay Pacific, Chautauqua Airlines Inc, Comair, Condor, Continental, Continental Express, Cubana, Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, El Al, Finnair, First Air, HMY Airways, Hawaiian, Iberia, Japan Airlines, KFAC, KLM, Korean Air, LACSA, LAN Chile, LOT, LTU Int´l, Lufthansa, Malev, Martinair Holland, Mesa Airlines Inc, MyTravel, Pinnacle Aviation
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price
- Activities near the Airport:
- With lots of time on your hands before the next connecting flight you may consider a visit to an unusual venue in Toronto. The Elgin Theatre and Wine Garden are old vaudeville theatres that have been restored. Chinatown and Kensington Market are other very interesting places to visit.
- Other Interesting Information:
- The airport is currently under reconstruction, the new Terminal 1 was opened in April 2004 and Terminal 2 is scheduled to open in 2006.From humble beginnings, way back in 1939 Malton Airport, now known as Toronto Pearson International Airport served the city of Toronto.