Halifax International Airport (YHZ) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis and limousines are available in the Domestic Arrivals area.
- AirBus shuttle services runs from 08:00 to 23:00 daily. Acadian Bus Lines provide bus services Province wide to and from the Airport, (tel:902 873 1223)
- Taxi, limousine and shuttle buses are transport modes from the airport. For general transport information telephone Ground Transportation at tel: 902 873 1410.
- Airport Info:
- A Tourism Nova Scotia Information Centre is located in the main foyer of the Domestic Arrivals. Tel: 902 873 1223.
- Baggage storage facilities are located in the lower lobby of the centre tunnel entrance. Storage costs range from CAD1.50 to CAD9.00 per item per day. Lost Property is located in Room B1063C in the centre tunnel.
- There are ATMs and Bureaux de Change in the Arrivals and Departures of the terminal.
- The airport chapel is located on the mezzanine level.
- More Services:
- Telephone, fax and Internet is available at various locations. There are play areas for children in the Departure level. First Aid and baby change rooms are provided.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Eating and drinking venues include; Brisket Boardwalk Deli, Legend Bar, Starbucks, Maritime Ale House, Burger King and Tim Hortons.
- News stands, bookshop and gift shop are among the shops in the airport. Visit $15 Boutique, AeroMart, Northern Reflections, Relay Books and The Classic Backrub.
- Business Facilities:
- Business facilities are available in the Airport Hotel (tel:902 873 3000) for up to 150 delegates.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Passengers who need a wheelchair or special assistance must contact the airline in advance. The Airport is wheelchair accessible and there are lifts to all the levels. TDD telephones are available and there is reserved parking for the disabled.
- Airlines Served:
- Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz, Air St Pierre, Air Transat, Canjet, Continental, Delta Connections, Icelandair Cargo, Panam, Provincial Airlines, Westjet Airlines.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price.
- Activities near the Airport:
- The Maritime Museum at the Waterfront is a fascinating place to spend your time if you're waiting for a connecting flight
- Other Interesting Information:
- More than 3 million passengers pass through Halifax Airport making it the 7th busiest airport in Canada.