Winnipeg Airport (YWG) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Winnipeg Airport
- Airport Code:
- The Airport is located 8km (5miles) west of Winnipeg city centre.
- 204 987 9400
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis and limousines are cheaper if you're prepared to share.
- Winnipeg Transit Bus #15 runs every 20 to 30 minutes and stops en route at hotels to the city centre.
- Taxis, limousines, shuttles and buses will take you to Winnipeg city centre.
- Airport Info:
- There is tourist information desk in the main concourse of the airport terminal. They provide a paging service and handle lost property.
- Baggage facilities are available.
- Bureaux de Change and ATMs are available
- Toilets and washrooms are available in the terminal.
- More Services:
- There is a children's play area on the ground floor of the terminal. Gold Wing Ambassadors are at hand to assist with your queries.
- Eating & Drinking:
- In the food court Tim Hortons, Toast Cafe & Bar, Second Cup, The Exchange Restaurant, Harvey's and Gunns Bakery are some of the eateries you can choose from.
- The shopping scene includes Welcome Flowers, Canadian Scene, Relay, Whispering Pines, $15 Boutique and Virgin Books & Music.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is wheelchair accessible and parking for the disabled is provided. TTY telephones are available
- Airlines Served:
- Air BC, Air Canada, Bearskin Airlines, Calm Air International, Canadian Regional, Fedex, Keewatin Air, Keystone Air, Knighthawk, Northway Aviation, Northwest Airlines, Perimeter Airlines, Purolator Courier, Royal Airlines, United Parcel Service.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. There is a CAD10.00 airport improvement fee.
- Activities near the Airport:
- St Boniface, founded by two French Canadian Catholic Priests in 1818 this historic suburb is distinctive and worth a visit.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Winnipeg Airport terminal is 40 years old and a new terminal to the northeast of the old terminal is planned for completion around 2009