Vancouver International Airport (YVR) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Yellow Cab and Black Top Cab are some of the taxi companies who will take you into Vancouver city centre. Limousine services are also available.
- Vancouver Airporter Service (tel: 604 946 8866) Departs from the Arrivals terminals every 30 minutes to Vancouver city centre, stooping at major hotels en route. This service starts at 6.00am until 11.30pm daily. Public bus transport is also provided by Translink.
- Transport options to the city centre include Taxi, Bus and Limousine.
- Airport Info:
- Passengers departing Vancouver pay CAD15.00 Airport improving fee.
- Left-luggage facilities are provided by CDS Baggage Storage (tel: 604 303 4519)
- Banks, Bureaux de Change and ATMs are located in the International and Domestic Terminals.
- More Services:
- Telephones and Internet access is located throughout the airport. Full postal service and mobile phone hire is available. There is a Spa, Medical Clinic and Pharmacy as well as a Dental Clinic. There is a 24 hour Nursery and baby change facilities and several play areas for children. Other services include dry cleaning, shoe shining, shoe and luggage repairs and a barber.
- Shopping is great, Mountain Style Shop and Northern Reflections offer fashion wear, Books and Newsstands are Great Canadian Books Relay and Hudson News. Confectionery shops, convenience stores, a golf shop, fashion accessories, souvenirs and gifts, specialty foods and travel accessories are all available to make your shopping fun and easy.
- Business Facilities:
- In the International Terminal, CDS Business Centre (tel: 604 303 4500) provides fax and photocopy facilities and Internet ports and Computers workstations.
- Disabled Facilities:
- There is a general information line for the hearing impaired (tel: 604 207 7070) Parking for the disabled as well as wheelchair accessible taxis is available. The airport is wheelchair accessible.
- Airlines Served:
- Air BC, Air Canada, Air China, Air New Zealand, Air Pacific, Air Transat, Alaska Airlines, All Nippon, Aloha Airlines, America West, American Airlines Cargo, Bal Air, Belair, British Airways, Cargojet Canada, Cathay Pacific, Central Mountain Air, China Airlines, Condor, Continental, Delta Air Lines, EVA Air, Emery Worldwide, Fedex, HMY Airways, Harbour Airlines, Hawkair, Horizon, Japan Airlines, Jetsgo, KD Air Corporation, KLM, Korean Air, Lufthansa, Martinair Holland, Mexicana, Northwest Airlines, Pacific Coastal Airlines, Philippine Airlines, Purolator Courier, Qantas, SIA Cargo, Shuswap Air, Sky West Airlines, Skyservice, Thomas Cook Airlines, United Airlines, United Express, United Parcel Service, West Coast Airways, Western Express, Westjet Airlines, Zip, Zoom
- Airport Taxes:
- Departing passengers pay CAD15.00 Airport improving fee.Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price
- Activities near the Airport:
- While waiting for you connecting flight and with a good few hours to go you could walk Robson Street in downtown Vancouver and spend some time at the Art Gallery and take in the Vancouver Lookout and relax at the landscaped Robson Square and also see the fine shopping venues.
- Other Interesting Information:
- The Aiport Authority assumed management and operations in 1992 and has no shareholders or government funding. All excess revenue is used in airport development and improving services.