Calgary International Airport (YYC) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Advance Cab, Mayfair, Prestige and Blacktop are Taxis who will tansport you to Calgary and Blue Sky Limos, Longhorn Limo and A Calgary Limousines will take you there in style.
- Some of the buses and shuttles commuting to include; Accent Lines, Calgary Transit Autobus #57, Dicken Bus Lines, Banff Airporter and Airport Shuttle Express. Bus tickets cab be bought at the desks near the exit doors in Level 1 Arrivals. Buses depart from Bay 3 right outside the exit.
- Taxis, limousines, buses and shuttles are options to choose from to reach Calgary city centre.
- Airport Info:
- White Hat volunteers (Tel: 403 735 1251) are available to assist. There is an Information Desk (Tel: 403 735 1372) in the Arrivals hall in the International terminal.
- Baggage storage facilities and Lost Property is situated on the Departures level. Luggage Lockers are available at CAD5.00 per locker per day.
- There is Bureaux de Change and ATMs on all levels of the terminal.
- There is a chapel available for anyone who wishes to use it.
- More Services:
- Telephones, fax, Internet and photocopy services are available as well as Postal services, mobile phone hire and travel insurance. There are smoking lounges, a play area for children and a pet exercise area.
- Eating & Drinking:
- More than 30 eating and drinking places include; Palomino Bar & Grill, Atrium Terrace Restaurant, Starbucks, Wings Lounge, Manchu Wok, Pastel's Cafe and Buckskins Lounge.
- Shops include newsagents, a bookshop, gift shop and florist. Canadian Soap Company, $15 Boutique, Heritage Trading Store, Who's Who in the Zoo, Just Plane Fun, Spot the Moose, Relay and Bentley Leathers are some of the multitued of shops to browse and have fun.
- Business Facilities:
- Delta Calgary Airport Hotel (Tel:403 291 2600), connected to the airport terminal via a covered walkway, offers full conference and business facilities.Facilities are also available in the airport lounges of Air Canada.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Parking for disabled passengers are available on two levels of the Parkade. Ramps and lifts make the airport wheelchair accessible. Tty telephones are provided for the hearing impaired.
- Airlines Served:
- Air Canada, Air North, Air Transat, Alaska Airlines, America West, American Airlines, American Trans Air, Canadian North, Central Mountain Air, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, Horizon Air, JetsGo, Lufthansa, Martin Air, Monarch Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Peace Air, Quikair, SAS, SkyXpress Airlines, United Airlines, WestJet, Zip, Zoom.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the flight ticket price.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Got time to kill before the next connecting flight, you can reach downtown Calgary in half an hour form the airport and the Glenbow Museum surely ranks as the top attraction in this modern booming town.
- Other Interesting Information:
- The first airfield in Calgary opened in 1914 was a mere grass strip and a hut that served as hangar and terminal. In 1939 the airport moved to the site it is at today and was called MCCall Field after Captain Fred McCall a World War 1 flying ace. From a very humble start Calgary Airport can compete with all the modern airports in the world.