Al Ain International Airport (AAN) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Al Ghazal Taxis operate a fixed -price service of Dhs.40 (US$11.00) to the centre of Al Ain.
- Al Ain Municipal Bus runs a service to the city centre every 30 minutes. The fare is around Dhs.5 (US$1.25).
- Buses and taxis will take you into Al Ain city centre.
- Airport Info:
- There is an Information Desk in the airport terminal. Enquire here for Lost Property.
- Trolleys are available and lost property enquiries can be done at the Information Desk.
- Bureaux de Change and ATMs are available.
- More Services:
- Telephones are located throughout the terminal and postal services are available. Toilets and baby change facilities are provided. There is a Medical Centre in the airport.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Restaurants and cafes are available in the airport terminal.
- Duty Free shopping is available.
- Business Facilities:
- There are no business facilities and the nearest Hotels with business facilities are Al Ain Rotana, Hilton Al Ain and InterContinental Hotel Al Ain.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is wheelchair accessible. Toilets for the disabled are located in both terminals. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- Air France, Alia Royal Jordanian, Cargolux, China Air, Egypt Air, Gulf Air, Krasnoyarsk Fras Air, Martinair, MTE Donavia, Pakistan International Airlines, Qatar Airways, Turkmenistan, Uralinteravia.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Activities near the Airport:
- Al Ain's Theme Park houses one of the largest animal collections in the world. An Olympic sized ice rink is among other experiences offered in the park. Al Ain is known as the garden city of the Gulf and it is an attractive city to explore.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Al Ain Airport was opened in March 1994. Plans to enlarge the terminal are currently under way.