Ben Gurion International Airport (TLV) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxi's are near the airport reception and shared taxi's are also available.
- Buses are to be found at the central piazza opposite car park 1. Take the 475 to Tel Aviv. All destinations are reachable from here. There is also a bus stop outside Terminal 1.
- Car, Bus and taxi
- Airport Info:
- Information counters are situated in the main hall and in the Departures hall; there is an automated service in English for flight information (tel: (0)3 972 3344) and information on check in, parking and transport (tel: (0)3 972 3388). Ground stewards are on hand in the terminal building to offer assistance and information. The Israeli Government Tourist Office operates a 24-hour information desk, which is located in the Arrivals hall.
- A 24-hour left-luggage service is available on the first floor of the parking lot building (tel: (0)3 971 2130). Lost property is handled by the Airport Police (tel: (0)3 971 5444).
- 24 hour banks, foreign exchange, ATMs and a post office are all available.
- 2 Synagogues.
- More Services:
- 24 hour emergency first aid clinics operate.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Large duty-free shops are located in all Terminals. The luxury brands are well represented here as well as a fair amount of local shops.
- From the local delicacies to the usual fast food outlets the airport cafes and restaurants will satisfy everyone's palette.
- Business Facilities:
- The King David Lounge is for use by El Al passengers equipped with internet stations. The Jet Set Lounge comes with fax and internet 24 hours a day for business class for a small fee.The VIP Mezada lounge for internet access and fax.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Special telephones, toilets, ramps and lifts as well as transport aid when boarding and marked parking bays. For extra services please advise your airline.
- Airlines Served:
- El Al Israel Airlines (tel. 212/768-9200 or 800/223-6700). Delta (tel. 800/241-4141). Tower (tel. 718/553-8500 or 800/221-2500). World Airways (tel. 800/967-5350). CSA/Czech Airlines (tel. 212/682-5833) Air Canada (tel. 800/776-3000 from the United States; 800/268-7240 from Toronto; 800/361-8620 from Montreal; 800/663-3721 from Vancouver). El Al Israel Airlines (tel. 212/768-9200; 800/223-6700; 514/875-8900; 416/804-9779 in Canada). British Airways (tel. 020/8897-4000; 0345/222-111 outside London). El Al Israel Airlines (tel. 020/7957-4100). Arkia Israeli Airlines
- Airport Taxes:
- NIS 50
- Activities near the Airport:
- Grab a Falafel and stroll along the beachfront to Old Jaffa to see the souks and Arabic lifestyle. For the culture vulture the Diaspora Museum depicts the story of the Jewish peoples 2,500 years of exile.
- Other Interesting Information:
- As there is strict security at the airport, try to be there early for your flight.