Cardiff International Airport (CWL) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Cardiff Air Taxis (Tel:144 571 0693) are available at the airport. They also provide wheelchair accessible transport for the disabled.
- Service 345 EST Bus operates Service 345 hourly Monday to Saturday. Journey time is 40 minutes and a single fare is £2.65. Shamrock operates Service X45 hourly Monday to Saturday and a single fare is £2.75. First Bus operates service X5 every two hours on Sundays. A single fare is £2.85. Cardiff Bus operates the Airbus X91 and 95 service to Cardiff city Monday to Sunday and a single fare is £3. and a return fare is £5.
- Buses and Taxis provide transport from the airport.
- Airport Info:
- The Information Desk (Tel:144 671 1111) is located on the first floor of the terminal.
- For Lost Property enquire at the Information Desk.
- Bureaux de change are located in the upper level and an ATM is available on the ground floor.
- There is a Quiet Room in the upper level of the terminal.
- More Services:
- Telephones are located in both levels of the terminal. Fax and photocopy is available at the Information Desk. There is a Post Box outside the terminal. Toilets and baby change facilities are located in both levels of the terminal.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The Food village, Scrum Half Bar, Pride of Wales Bar, and Burger King offer food and drink.
- Shopping in the airport includes Nuance Travel Shop, Bag Boutique, Serendipity Games Zone and World News Shop. Duty Free shopping is also available.
- Business Facilities:
- There is an Executive Lounge for business travellers. Telephone, fax and photocopy is available at the airport.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is wheelchair accessible. Toilets for the disabled are located in the terminal. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- Air Wales, Air 2000, bmibaby, Britannia, Easyjet, Go, KLM, My Travel, Ryanair,
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- The fine National Museum of Wales is one of those places not to be missed. Perhaps old Castles appeal, Cardiff Castle and Caerphilly Castle or perhaps Fagan's Castle where the museum of Welsh Life is a big attraction.
- Other Interesting Information:
- In August 1994, the Airport celebrated attaining the 1 million passenger mark for the first time in its history. July 2004, work has begun on the new rail link to the airport.