Glasgow Airport (GLA) Guide
Other Airports in Glasgow
- Airport Name:
- Glasgow Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 13km west of Glasgow
- (0)141 887 1111
Directions & Transportation
- Metered taxis are available 24 hours a day.
- Bus 905 goes directly to central Glasgow and stop at the main station contact the Airport Travel Line (0)141 848 4330. From bus stops 1 or 2.
- The Gilmour Street railway station in Paisley is 3km from the airport and is only a few minutes away by taxi or local bus. Trains go Glasgow Central rail station.
- Bus, Taxi and car
- Airport Info:
- The information desk is located on the first floor, next to the Domestic Arrivals/Departures area. There are computer information kiosks on the ground floor and the Greater Glasgow and Clyde Valley Tourist Board: (0)141 848 4400 or 4758 in International Arrivals, providing tourist and accommodation information.
- The left-luggage facility (0)141 848 4938 is open daily 24 hours. The lost property service : (0)141 848 4740 is also available. Uniformed members of staff on ready at all times to assist with baggage.
- The airport has Foreign exchange, ATMs, a post office and telephones equipped with fax and e-mail facilities.
- More Services:
- Baby and mother care and a pharmacy.
- Business Facilities:
- A business workstation with telephone, fax and Internet facilities is connected on the first floor concourse. The Glasgow Airport Business Centre at (0)141 847 5450 has meeting rooms, conference and training facilities, an IT suite and full secretarial support. There is also a Servisair Executive Lounge, with credit-card operated telephones and fax facilities.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Facilities include toilets, ramps, lifts and reserved seating, as well as induction loops, a TDD telephone and a Minicom information line (0)141 848 4848 Passengers should advise their airline on booking of special needs. Disabled parking spaces are available. Passengers requiring help from the car park to the terminals should arrange this in advance by contacting Passenger Assistance Limited (0)141 848 4938 Wheelchair push and provision is available free at (0)141 848 7777.
- Airlines Served:
- Aer Lingus, Air France, British Airways, DHL Air, KLM, Lufthansa, Parcelforce, Royal Mail, SNCargo, TNTA, United Parcel Service, bm
- Airport Taxes:
- 6 pounds
- Activities near the Airport:
- Burrel Collection - Donated to the city by Sir William Burrell this exquisite collection is perfectly complemented by the setting in Pollok Country Park and the prize winning building. Endless treasures from all spectrums here.
The Tenement House - Go back about a hundred years to discover how the Glasgow working class lived.
Glasgow Cathedral - Built in the 15th century this magnificent example of pre-Reformation Gothic architecture, is the only mainland one to survive the reforms.Well worth a couple of hours.