Aberdeen Airport (ABZ) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Aberdeen Airport
- Airport Code:
- Located 11km northwest of Aberdeen.
- (0)1224 722 331
Directions & Transportation
- Taxi's are available to Dyce station or town from outside the Terminal from Rainbow Airport Taxis (0)1224 725 500 or 878 787 or 494 949; website: www.rainbow87.com.
- Bus and coach services go from the airport to the city centre.
- Dyce station is just a short drive fron the airport.
- Car, Bus, Coach and Taxi.
- Airport Info:
- The airport information desk (0)1224 722 331 is situated in the check-in area on the ground floor of the Terminal building. Tourist information enquiries can also be made at the tourist information office : (0)1224 632 727.
- Left-luggage facilities are available (0)1224 722 331
- The foreign exchange also sells holiday and travel insurance. ATMs are available before and after security. Wireless Internet is available in the Departures lounge.
- More Services:
- Baby nursing rooms and a quiet area.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There is a duty-free shop and bookshops and a gift shop at the airport. A shopping collection service is to be had. For further information, call the Shopping Information Line (0)870 000 1000
- Several restaurants, a pub, bar and coffee shop serve the passengers including Food Hub, Cafe Barista and Tennant pub.
- Business Facilities:
- There is a Servisair Executive Lounge (0)1224 722 331 in the central Departures area,after security near Gate 1, with credit card telephone, fax and Internet facilities. Access is by lift. There are also airline lounges situated in the Departures areas.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Disabled toilets are located throughout the terminal, as are ramps and lifts. Induction loops are fitted throughout the terminal building and there is a Minicom service : (0)1224 725 082. Reserved seating is also provided. Disabled drivers can use the short-term car park at long-term rates, displaying an orange/blue badge; those using this facility must inform NCP on the length of stay upon arrival . Wheelchair push and provision, and help with baggage before check in is available. Passengers requiring assistance should contact the airline on booking.
- Airlines Served:
- Air UK, British Airways ,British Airways Express, British World Airways, Business Air , Easyjet ,Gill Air ,S.A.S
- Airport Taxes:
- 6 pounds
- Activities near the Airport:
- Maritime Museum - An excellent museum is full of the towns colourful and interesting maritime past which is bought back to life here.
The Winter Garden - Europes largest indoor garden is worth a fascinating stroll to veiw the well tended plants from all over the world.
University - Walk around the campuses of the two old universities, Kings College (1495) and Marischal (1500) which are now called the University of Aberdeen.