Belfast City Airport (BHD) Guide
Other Airports in Belfast
- Airport Name:
- Belfast City Airport
- Airport Code:
- Located beside the A2 road, approximately 5 kms from Belfast city centre.
- (0)28 909 39093
Directions & Transportation
- Approved airport taxis operate from the airport taxi rank, which is located right outside the terminal building. All the taxi's are equipped with wheelchair friendly equipment.
- There is a bus service which operates from the terminal to Belfast Europa Bus Centre.
- Trains operate generally to and from Central Station, however connections are available to the rest of the network in Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic.
- Should you be traveling by car, be sure not to be careless about parking, you will still find a couple of city-center control zones, which are clearly marked with black and yellow signs, where parking is not allowed due to security reasons. You will however find plenty of car parks which are available for public parking.
- Airport Info:
- The information desk can be located on the main concourse, in the Arrivals area. The number to contact regarding enquiries is tel: (0)28 9093 9093.
- There are no left luggage facilities at the airport, however trolleys are available free of charge.
- There is a bureau de change available on the ground floor, opposite the Information Desk in the main concourse of the arrivals area. You will also find two ATM's on the ground floor, which accept a large range of bank and credit cards and dispense Bank of England notes. One of the ATM's is positioned in a wheelchair friendly height.
- More Services:
- There is a first aid facility available, as well as a parenting room.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The airport has a small selection of retail outlets. It does not offer a great selection of shops, so you are advised to do your shopping beforehand.
- The airport is equipped with a few small restaurants, as well as several snack and coffee bars.
- Business Facilities:
- There are conference and business facilities available in the Conference Suite, where you will find three conference rooms and and four meeting rooms. It is equipped with presentation facilities, which includes audiovisual equipment, complimentary stationary, catering, a secretarial service, as well as fax and photocopying equipment.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport features a special check-in desk which is provided for disabled passengers. There are toilets and telephones which are designed specifically for disabled passengers. The airport also has lifts and ramps which provides access to all areas and all taxis are wheelchair-friendly. There are parking spaces available for disabled persons, which are located near the entrance to the airport.
- Airlines Served:
- Aer Arann, British Airways, bmi, flybe
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- St Anne's Cathedral - Located in the city centre, approximately 5km from the airport you will find this picturesque cathedral. Created on the wall of the cathedral, is a representation of the Creation, which is done by using 150,000 tiny pieces of glass. You will also find the tomb of Lord Edward Henry Carson, who is either seen as the hero who saved Ulster or the villain who sabotaged the country's independence. It should not take long to drive to the city and wander through the Cathedral, so you will not require more than 40 mins for the entire outing.
Prince Albert Memorial Clock Tower - A pretty strange looking memorial, as it tilts slightly off the perpendicular, resulting from its construction upon gradually sinking wooden piles. It is however worth seeing if you have some time to spare.
Whowhatwherewhenwhy (aka W5) - Open Mon-Fri 10am - 6pm and Sat-Sun 12pm - 6pm, this scientific discovery center promises to give great entertainment for both adults and children. Admission to the center is, Adults $10 and Children $6.5. Be sure to have a couple of hours available to enjoy the center to the utmost, as there is quiet a bit to see. A real treat is the See&Do section at which you can create your own animated cartoon and have a go at composing on a laser harp.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Belfast City Airport has a policy in state which takes into account the interests of all persons who live near or use the airport, people that are employed or benefit as a result of their activities.
They have a commitment to the community to develop the business on a continues and sustainable manner, seeking always to enhance economic growth of the province and minimise environmental impact.