Southampton International Airport (SOU) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Airportcarz (tel: (0)23 8062 7100) operate the taxi service 24/7 and is located on the main concourse opposite the Arrivals hall.
- First Southampton (tel: (0)238 022 4854) Bus No 101 provides a regular bus service between the airport, Southampton University and the city centre. Solent Blue Line (tel:(0)238 061 8233 and Uni Link on (tel:(0)238 059 5974 operate several services from Southampton Airport (Parkway) Station.
- The terminal is less than 50 metres from Southampton Airport (Parkway) Station. Up to three trains leave every hour to London Waterloo and fast links to many InterCity destinations. Tel:(0)845 748 4950 for National Rail and South West Trains (tel:(0)238 021 3600.
- Buses and taxis will take you into Southampton.
- Airport Info:
- An Information Desk is available in the airport terminal. Tel:(0)870 040 0009.
- Trolleys are available and you can contact tel:(0)870 040 0009 for lost property.
- Bureau de Change and ATMs (cash dispensers) are located next to Travelex in the main concourse.
- More Services:
- Toilets, telephones and a Babycare room is available. A Post box is situated immediately outside the terminal and stamps are available from the WH Smith shop. The First Aid Room and wheelchair accessible toilet is located near the Arrivals exit in the main concourse.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Aura, Starbucks Coffee, Delice de France Pastries, Grab'n Go Sandwiches and Licensed Bar with Pub Food are the eating and drinking places in the airport.
- WH Smith supplies, newspapers, magazines, books, snack and games for your trip. After security shopping at World Duty Free gives Tax free prices on confectionery, photographic goods, electrical goods, fashionwear and accessories and skin care and cosmetics. You can make great savings on wine, spirits, tobacco and perfumes.
- Business Facilities:
- An on-site conference centre offering a full range of presentation equipment is available. Facilities can also be provided for meetings. For more details (tel: (0)238 062 7190). Fax facilities are available in the British Airways executive lounge.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Southampton Airport is all located on one level making access easy for all passengers. If you are visiting the conference centre or the viewing gallery the staff at Information Desk will assist. There is a dedicated lift to these areas. The wheelchair accessible toilet in is the main concourse.
- Airlines Served:
- Air Europa, Air France, Aurigny, BA CitiExpress, British Airways, British European, Iberia, Scot Airways, Flybe
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- The Civic Centre, in the heart of modern town Southampton is a short walk east of the train station. The clock tower houses an excellent art gallery featuring twentieth-century British artists such as Sutherland, Piper and Spencer. This art gallery is worth some time while waiting for your flight and you're still pretty close to the airport.
- Other Interesting Information:
- With the opening of the new terminal in December 1994, Southampton Airport is one of the most modern regional airports, with more than a million passengers to over 30 destinations.