Newcastle Airport (NCL) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Newcastle Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 10km (6 miles) from Newcastle
- (0)870 122 1488
Directions & Transportation
- The Airport Taxi Association (tel: (0)191 214 4309) has a desk within the terminal building. Ask the fare before departing. Chauffeured executive cars and luxury coaches are offered by Parkers Execulink (tel: (0)191 214 4412.
- Traveline (tel: (0)870 608 2608) operate the bus service and buses 76, 76A, 77, 77A,78, 78E,79 and 79A run between the airport and Eldon Square Bus Concourse in the city centre.
- The city Metro underground system connects the airport directly with 45 other Metro stations and is a fast way to reach the city centre. For information on Metro services, contact the operator Nexus (tel: (0)191 203 3333).
- Buses and taxis will take you from the airport to Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
- Airport Info:
- The Information Desk (tel:(0)870 122 1488) is located next to the newsagents on the ground floor of the terminal and is open 24/7.
- Free porter service is available. Left luggage facilities (tel:(0)191 286 0966) and lost property is available 24/7.
- ATMs, Bureaux de Change and a bank is available in the airport.
- The prayer room is located at the top of the escalator in the terminal. There is a 24hour chaplaincy.
- More Services:
- Telephone, fax and Internet facilities are located in the terminal. Baby care facilities and a play area for children is available. Boots the Chemist shop.
- Eating & Drinking:
- You could eat at Costa Coffee, Burger King, Food Village, Cafe Pronto or have a quiet drink at Bar des Voyageurs.
- WH Smith for reading matter, games, camera film, batteries, cooldrinks, confectionery and sandwiches. Traveller sells beach wear, sports wear etc., Redland supply luggage and there is the Alpha Duty Free shop. There is a Photo Booth, Portrait Studio and The Beauty Lounge where you can be pampered.
- Business Facilities:
- Conference facilities is available at the Britannia Newcastle Airport Hotel (tel: (0)191 401 9988) or the Newcastle Airport Travel Inn (tel: (0)166 182 5040. The Cheviot Lounge is available for all passengers and credit card payphones, fax and Internet is available. The Business centre offers a meeting area and telephone, fax and Internet is provided. The British Airways Lounge is equipped with a business area.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Passenger service assistants are available on request and a number of airport staff are trained in the use of sign language. Those requiring assistance should contact the airport in advance (tel: (0)191 286 0966). Reserved parking is available for the disabled. Special vehicles transfer wheelchair passenger to the aircraft. Accessible toilets are located in the terminal. A Tdd phone for the hearing impaired is located opposite the Information Desk. Payphones have induction couplers and an induction loop system is available in the airport. There is a Minicom system at the Information Desk tel:(0)191 214 3333. Passenger service assistants are available and some are trained in sign language.
- Airlines Served:
- Air France, British Airways, British European, GO, KLCuk, Lufthansa, Norwegian Air Shuttle, SN Brussels Airliens, Wideroe Cargo.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- The Quayside in Newcastle upon Tyne has many interesting places to while away some time. Tyne Bridge of 1928 bears a striking resemblance to Sydney Harbour Bridge, both built by Dorman Long of Middlesbrough. Then there is the High Level Bridge built in 1849 and the Swing Bridge built in 1876.
- Other Interesting Information:
- With 49 check-ins desks and 16 gates more than 5 million passengers use this airport annually. Newcastle Airport is the largest in the North East of England.