London Stansted Airport (STN) Guide
- Airport Name:
- London Stansted Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 48km (30 miles) northeast of London
- (0)870 000 0303
Directions & Transportation
- Checkercars has a reservation desk on the international arrivals concourse. Should you wish to book a taxi in advance please contact: 0800 747 737 or use a courtesy phone is situated in the United Kingdom baggage reclaim hall. Wheelchair accessible cars are available on request.
- Airbus A6 (tel:(0)870 574 7777) operates an hourly service, 24 hours a day to Victoria Coach Station and costs £8 one-way, £10 round-trip and the journey takes about 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- The train station is located directly below the terminal building. Stansted Express and Thameslink (tel:(0)845 748 5950) to Liverpool Street Station runs every 15 minutes from 8am to 5 pm, takes about 45 minutes and costs £13 one-way and £26 round-trip. A local train service calls at all principal stations between London Stansted Airport and Liverpool Street Station, stopping at: Stansted Mountfitchet, Bishop's Stortford, Sawbridgeworth, Harlow Mill, Harlow Town, Roydon, Broxbourne, Cheshunt, Waltham Cross, Enfield Lock, Brimsdown, Ponders End, Tottenham Hale and Hackney Downs.
- Options of road travel to London include taxi, bus and coach.
- Airport Info:
- The Information desk is located in the International Arrivals area. Courtesy telephones are located around the terminal, with a direct link to the information desk.
- A left luggage facility, operated by OCS, is located in Zone G next to the Monsoon retail outlet in the terminal. Charges for luggage storage is £4.50per item per day. Lost Property is handled by OCS (tel:(0)127 966 3293) and a storage charge is levied for lost property which is held for a maximum of three months. Trolleys are available in the car park and the airport terminal.
- Bureaux de Change and ATMs are located throughout the airport.
- A chapel is located next to the UK Arrivals area.
- More Services:
- Telephones and Internet access is located throughout the airport. Wireless Internet access is available in the Departure Lounge from BT Openzone. Toilets and baby change rooms are available There is a chemist in the airport.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Before security eateries and bars are O'Neills Irish pub, Costa, Volare, Cafe Alba, Whistlestop, Lovejuice and Pret a Mange. After security you can eat and drink at Caviar House, Est Bar Est, Franklins of Boston, Garfunkels, Cafe Uno Presto, Wetherspoon, Starbucks Coffee, Wheelers Seafood Bar and Pret a Mange.
- Stansted offers a wide range of shopping opportunities, Boots the Chemist, Books etc., The Body shop, Tie Rack, Impulse, Cotton Traders, Past Times and Knickerbox. World Duty Free offer great savings on Wine and Sprits, tobacco, cosmetics, photographic and electrical goods. Other shops offer a wide variety of goods.
- Business Facilities:
- The Hilton London Stansted (tel: (0)127 968 0800) provides conference, meeting and business facilities. Easymeeting offers furnished suites in Enterprise House (tel: (0)1279 662 570). There is also a Servisair Executive Lounge (tel: (0)1279 663 699).
- Disabled Facilities:
- The Bus and Coach station is close to the terminal and ramps and lifts provide easy access to the terminal. Train access is provided via a portable ramp and the train station, directly below the terminal, provides lifts, ramps and escalators to access the terminal. Help phones are located in Zone D of the car park should you need assistance into the terminal. Wheelchair accessible taxis can be requested (tel:(0)127 966 2444). Help phones are located outside the terminal entrance doors. All telephones throughout the airport are fitted with induction couplers. Text telephones are located in the International Arrivals and in the Satelite Two Departure Lounge. Guide and hearing dogs are the only dogs allowed in the airport. Unisex accessible toilets are located the main concourse and in the departures lounge. Parents with small children are welcome to use these toilets. Reserved seating areas for people with special needs are identified by pictograms and are located throughout the airport. These areas provide Lowe level flight information, induction loops and space for wheelchairs. Assistance will provided should the need arise.
- Airlines Served:
- Fedex, GHI, Royal Mail, Servisair, TNTA, American Airlines, British Airways, Continental, Delta, Northwest Airlines, United, US Airways, Virgin Atlantic.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Local bus Village Links 5 & 7 will take you to Mountfitchet Castle and the Toy Museum for a fascinating few hours.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Stansted is the fastest growing major airport in Europe, the fourth largest airport in the UK. More than 18 million passengers per year use Stansted Airport.