London Luton Airport (LTN) Guide
- Airport Name:
- London Luton Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 51km (32 miles) northeast of London
- (0)158 240 5100
Directions & Transportation
- Dial-a-Cab Tel:(0)158 273 5555 and Cabco tel:(0)158 273 6666 will take you to Luton town centre or beyond. Sterling Chauffeur driven cars are available from Burgundy Global (tel:(0)870 720 0265).
- Luton Airport Express runs a free shuttle service to and from Luton Airport Parkway Station. Frequent local buses, Traveline (tel:(0)870 608 2608) operate from the airport to Luton Town Centre, St Albans, Watford, Harpenden, Watford, Dunstable, Milton Keynes and Leighton Buzzard. Coach services are operated by easyBus, Greenline, National Express and Virgin to towns and cities all over the country.
- Thameslink-Luton Airport Express offer services to London in less than half an hour, to the south coast the Midlands and Northern England.
- You can reach Luton Town Centre by bus or taxi.
- Airport Info:
- There are electronic information booths in the airport. The Touch-screen booths give information on airport navigation, parking, flight information and onward transportation. Passenger service assistants are on hand to provide information and assistance.
- The Left Luggage facility is next to Outsize Luggage in the Check-in area. £4 to £6.60 is charged per item per day. For lost items contact Airport Lost Property (tel:(0)158 239 5219). Trolleys are available.
- ATMs and Bureaux de Change is available and located in the departures and arrivals.
- The Airport Chapel is located across the road from the main terminal. Everyone is welcome to visit and spend some quiet time.
- More Services:
- Telephones are located throughout the airport. Postal facilities is next to International Currency Exchange near the main entrance. Babycare rooms and a play area for children is available.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Eateries and bars include Sbarro Pizza, Bewleys Express, Bar des Voyageurs, Shakespeare Pub, Ritazza Coffee, KFC, Burger King, Upper Crust, Mezza Cafe and Bar, Milles Cookies and Deli Sandwich Bar.
- Boots the chemist, Impulse Music, Dixons, Sock Shop, Tie Rack, The Body Shop, Sunglass Hut, Cotton Traders, Claire's Accessories, Gifts4All, Whistlestop and Tax and Duty Free shopping, a wide range of goods to choose from.
- Business Facilities:
- Aviance Executive Lounge is located in the Departures area shopping mall. Free Internet Access, pay telephone and fax facilities is available.
Television, newspapers, drinks and snacks are provided.
- Disabled Facilities:
- There is a designated accessible door for customers who cannot use the revolving doors. Accessible toilets are available. Wheelchairs are available, free of charge. Induction loops are fitted into the customer services and special assistance desks and there are lowered payphones fitted with induction loops and touch text facilities. Porters are available to assist via the Special Assistance telephones sited in and around the terminal building. Luton Airport Express shuttle bus is wheelchair accessible.
- Airlines Served:
- Azzurra Air, BA CitiExpress, British Airways, Easyjet, Monarch, Ryanair, Suckling
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- St Albans, a charming town near Luton makes for a great days visiting. The Verulamium Museum is definitely not to be missed and the St Alabans Cathedral is another good attraction.
- Other Interesting Information:
- London Luton Airport was opened in July 1938 and during the war years was used as a base for 264 Fighter Squadron. It was also the site of Percival Aircraft Manufacturing Company building aircraft for civil and military use. The airport is owned by the Borough of Luton but is operated, managed and developed by a private consortium.