London Gatwick Airport (LGW) Guide
- Airport Name:
- London Gatwick Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 45km (28 miles) south of London
- (0)870 000 2468
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis and limousines (tel:(0)129 356 9790) provide transport to any destination enquire about fares before departure.
- The local bus service runs from both terminals to Horley, Redhill and Crawley and other local destinations. Fastway - Route 10 - runs every 10 minutes, between North and South terminals, Central Crawley, City Place, Bewbush and Broadfield. Gatwick Direct - Route 200 - runs daily between Gatwick and Bewbush via I field and Gossops Green. Bus stops are located at the North Terminal outside International Arrivals.
Coaches leave every 10 to 15 minutes and takes approximately 70 minutes to London depending on the traffic. Coaches travel to more than 400 cities and towns in air-conditioned vehicles. Some direct routes are Heathrow, London, Birmingham, Oxford, Cambridge Norwich and Brighton. The main coach station is at the South Terminal on the ground floor.
- Gatwick Express offers dedicated speed travel to Central London. Journey time from London Victoria is 30 minutes.
- You can choose between Bus, coach, taxi or limousine to go to London City by road.
- Airport Info:
- Information Desks located in the arrivals concourses, offer multi-lingual service and public address announcements are made from the desks and message boards are also available.
- Left luggage storage is available in both terminals. Excess Baggage Company (tel:(0)129 350 2013) charges £5.50 per item per day and forward unaccompanied baggage worldwide. Maximum weight for one bag is 32Kg. Should your bag weigh more than this you will have to repack into smaller bags. Trolleys are in the car park, baggage reclaim areas and the terminal forecourts. Uniformed Porter Service (tel:(0)129 350 7509 is available at £7. Lost Property service is located in the South Terminal.
- Bureaux de Change and ATMs are located in North and South terminals.
- Multi-faith chapels are open in the arrivals concourse of the North Terminal and in The Village, South Terminal.
- Showers are available and towels and soap can be hired via the courtesy phone.
- More Services:
- Pay phones and pay Fax machines are available in the main areas of the terminal. The Internet Exchange is located in the South Terminal. Wireless Internet access is available in the Departure Lounge.
Medical Services (tel:(0)129 350 7400 is available in Ashdown House next to the South Terminal. Baby change and feeding rooms are available in some male and female toilets. A play area for small children is located in The Village in the South Terminal. Ladies and gents Hair Salons are in the Meridien Hotel in the North Terminal and in the London Gatwick Hilton Hotel in the South Terminal.
- Eating & Drinking:
- In the North Terminal some of the eateries include Cafe Uno Presto, The Bridge Bar and Costa. After security you will find Caviar House, Lloyds Bar, Chez Gerard and Metro. In the South Terminal you will find Caffe Nero, Starbucks and Pizza Express. After security some of the venues are; Est Est Est, Upper Crust, Sport Bar, Yates and Garfunkels.
- Duty Free shopping offers a huge range of goods some of the many shops are; The Link, Hargreaves Sports, Glorious Britain, Nine West, Virgin Music, La Senza, Boots and The Body Shop. Tax Free Shops for all passenger include Bally, Nike, WH Smith, Best of the Supercars, Harrods and Burberry fashionwear.
- Business Facilities:
- Business facilities include conference and meeting rooms, secretarial services, telephone and fax etc. in the Le Meridien Gatwick Hotel (tel:(0)129 356 7070 at the North Terminal and the London Gatwick Hilton Hotel (tel:(0)129 351 8080) at the South Terminal. ServisAir Lounge is on the upper level of the South Terminal in the International Departure lounge. Telephone, fax, television, toilets and showers are available. Newspapers, magazines and snacks and beverages is provided. Aviance Lounge on the second level in the South Terminal offers a smoking area, complimentary Bar and magazines. Toilets and showers are available.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Facilities and assistance is provided for wheelchair and sight and hearing impaired passengers. Wheelchair access, special toilets and telephones are provided in both terminals. For general advice and flying tips tel:(0)129 351 3179. Travel-Care located in The Village in the South Terminal will assist anyone with a problem you can reach them on tel:(0)129 350 4283.
- Airlines Served:
- Aer Lingus, Aeroflot, African Safari Airlines, Air Atlanta Icelandic, Air Europa, Air France, Air Gabon, Air Malta, Air Nostrum LAMSA, Air Seychelles, Air Transat, Air VIA Bulgarian Airways, Air Zimbabwe, Alitalia, American Airlines Cargo, American Trans Air, Antinea Airlines, Arkia, Azerbaijan Airlines, BASE Airlines, BWA, Balkan Bulgarian, Belavia, Braathens ASA, Britannia Cargo, British Airways, British European, Brymon, Cameroon Airlines, Continental, Croatia Airlines, Cubana, Cyprus Airways, DAS Air, Delta Air Lines, Easyjet, El Al, Emirates, Estonian Air, Eurocypria Airlines, European Airlines, Finnair, First Choice Airways, Futura International Airw, GB Airways, MyTravel.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- If you have a long wait for your next flight, a coach trip to the colourful seaside resort of Brighton is a fine way to kill some time and enjoy a good outing.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Gatwick is the busiest single runway airport in the world, the second busiest airport in the UK and the sixth busiest international airport in the world.