London City Airport (LCY) Guide
- Airport Name:
- London City Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 10km (6miles) from London city centre.
- (0)207 646 0088
Directions & Transportation
- Black Cabs are available just outside the terminal. Fares range from £10 to Canary Wharf, £23 to Buckingham Palace and £35 to Bayswater and Earls Court.
- Shuttle buses run from the terminal to Canary Wharf, Canning Town and Liverpool Street all to the London Underground (the Tube) network. Fares are indicated for the different destinations. London Underground tickets can be bought at the Information Desk and Travelex
- Shuttle buses run to London Underground Station. Local buses also provide transport, departing every ten minutes to several destinations. Black Cabs, London's taxi service run 24/7.
- Airport Info:
- The Information Desk tel:(0)207 646 0088 is located on the left as you enter the airport terminal. Customer Service Agents provide assistance and also sell tickets for the Airport Shuttlebus.
- The lost Property and Left Luggage room is located in security zone A. Luggage is stored at £2.00 per item per day. Tel:(0)207 646 0088.
- Bureaux de Change is located in the main concourse of the terminal, in the Departures Lounge and in the Arrivals hall. Two ATMs are located in the main concourse and another in the International baggage reclaim area.
- More Services:
- Telephones accepting coins, phonecard and credit card are located throughout the airport. Fax facilities as well as Wireless Internet access is also available. Postal services and Shoeshine services are provided. Toilets and baby change rooms are located on all levels of the terminal. Smoking areas are in the Departures Lounge.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Meridian Line Restaurant, Bewleys, Marche Frais Carte, Trattoria and Tapas Bar and Coffee Corner are the eateries in the airport.
- World News is the shop available before security, offering gifts, books, magazines, camera film and pharmaceutical items. After security Bally offers fashionwear, shoes and accessories. Bewleys sell food and also has a snack bar. Hughes & Hughes a wonderful bookshop and Nuance Duty Free offers a host of goods including jewellery, Fashionwear and luggage..
- Business Facilities:
- The Meridian Business Centre is located on the first floor. Soundproof, air-conditioned rooms with natural lighting are fully equipped with an extensive range of audio-visual equipment and individual stationery. Tel:(0)207 646 0900.
- Disabled Facilities:
- .Parking for the disabled is in the car park close to the terminal. Airport shuttlebuses are wheelchair accessible and assistance is provided on request. Check with your airline for boarding facilities before your flight. The airport is wheelchair accessible. Adapted toilets and telephones are available.
- Airlines Served:
- Air France, Air Wales, British Airways, British European, Cirrusair, Cityjet, EAE, KLM, Lufthansa, Luxair, OLT- Ostfriesische, Scot Airways, Swiss International Airlines, VLM
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- The list of things to do in London is almost endless, Kew Gardens, The British Museum, Covent Garden, Victoria Embankment, The Tower are a few you may choose from.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Work is in progress to extend Docklands Light Railway to the airport. British Airways opens services with flights to Geneva, Paris, Frankfurt and Edinburgh. New services commence to Leipzig, Cardiff, Cork, Swansea and Bremen.