Leeds Bradford International Airport (LBA) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Streamline (tel:(0)113 244 3322), City Cabs (tel:(0)113 246 9999 and Telecabs (tel:(0)113 279 2222 serve the airport.
- The 757 Airlink Bus take you to Leeds and Otley via all the Metro stops and the Railway Station. Local buses 647, 651 and 747 take you to Bradford, Shipley, Guiseley and Yeadon Tel; (0)113 245 7676 for fares and information.
- Taxi cabs and buses will get you to Leeds of Bradford
- Airport Info:
- Information desks are situated in the departures level.
- Baggage trolleys are available in the baggage reclaim hall.
- Bureaux de Change and ATMs are available on all levels in the airport.
- More Services:
- Telephones, email and wireless Internet is available. Toilets and baby change rooms are located throughout the airport. There is a play area for children in the International Departure Lounge. Smoking areas are in Yorkshire Hero Bar, Yates Bar and on the Mezzanine floor above the White Rose Cafe.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Delice de France offer patisseries, hot snacks and drinks. O'Brien's Sandwich Bar for a quick bite or Yorkshire Hero Pub or Yates Bar to relax. White Rose Food Village and Burger King are other eateries in the Aiport.
- Beside the Newsagent and Chemist shop, there is a Gift shop and some other venues include Game Zone, Photo Me, Children's Toy Vending Machines, WH Smith and Co-Op Travel. Alpha Retail is the Duty Free Shop.
- Business Facilities:
- ServisAir Executive Lounge and Yorkshire Executive Club have lounges and conference facilities include a Boardroom on the first floor of Arrivals.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Parking for the disabled is the car park opposite the terminal. The airport is wheelchair accessible, lifts go to all levels in the airport and toilets are available for wheelchair users. A hearing induction loop is available. Ambulift transport, ramps and wheelchairs and assistance is available on request.
- Airlines Served:
- Air Europa, Air Luxor, Air Malta, Astraeus, Austrian Airlines, Azzurra Air, BH Air, Britannia Cargo, British European, First Choice Airways, Flybe, Futura International Airw, Hemus Air, Iberworld, Jet 2, KLCuk, MyTravel, Ryanair, Spanair, Transasia, Tyrolean, VLM.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price
- Activities near the Airport:
- Some interesting places to visit near Leeds is Thackeray Medical Museum, Kirkstall Abbey, Harewood House a stately home, Leeds Industrial Museum and Temple Newsam.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Check-in Desks have been increased to 42 and in September 2004 the airport's first on site hotel will be opened.