East Midlands Airport (EMA) Guide
- Airport Name:
- East Midlands Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 21km (13 miles) southwest of Nottingham
- (0)133 285 2852
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available from the Taxi Office, outside the Arrivals Area, 24 hours a day. Tel (0)133 281 4000 Checker Cars. Set fares to various destinations are available on request.
- The Skylink provides a direct link to Nottingham Railway station and Rainbow 5 provides the link to Nottingham and Long Eaton Railway Stations
The Airline Shuttle Bus service operates from Nottingham East Midlands Airport to Loughborough and Derby Railway Stations
- Nottingham and nearby towns can be reached by taxi or bus.
- Airport Info:
- The Information Desk (tel: (0)133 285 2852) located in the main terminal building, offers service 24 hours a day.
- Lost Property tel:(0)133 285 2852 is handled at the Information Desk. Left-luggage storage is provided by the airlines. Trolleys are available.
- Bureaux de Change and ATMs are available in the main terminal building.
- More Services:
- Telephones are available and fax and photocopying can be done at the Information Desk. There is a First Aid Room, baby care room and a play area for children.
- Eating & Drinking:
- O'Briens Irish Sandwich Bar is next to the Information Desk, Cafe Ritazza is in the Departures hall and there is Meden Food Village, Bar des Voyageurs, Delice de France, Burger King, Trent Cafe Food Court and the British pub The Local Hero. There's something to please everybody.
- Shopping in the main terminals is fun, visit Aviation Gift & Hobby Centre, Dominoe Toys, World News, Crew UK, Likestone Co-op Travel, Dixons and Boots the Chemist. In the Departures Lounge you will find Salisbury's, World News, Impulse Records, JudiJudiWorld and Alpha Airport Shopping.
- Business Facilities:
- Conference facilities are available at the Thistle East Midlands Airport Hotel (tel: (0)133 285 0700), the Hilton East Midlands Hotel (tel;(0)150 967 4000 and the Express by Holiday Inn (tel: (0)150 967 8000).
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is wheelchair accessible. Contact the Information Desk (tel: (0)133 285 2852) for a porter to assist. Disabled parking is available in the short-term car park near the terminal building entrance. There is a lift and toilets for the disabled and lowered telephones are located throughout the terminal. Wheelchair accessible taxis are also available. Ambulift to access the aircraft must be requested from the airline at the time of booking. Induction loops for the hearing impaired are located throughout the terminal.
- Airlines Served:
- Air Contractors, Atlantic Airways, Aurigny, BAC Express, Bluebird Cargo, Cathay Pacific, Channel Express, DHL Air, EAT, Eastern Airways, Easyjet, Emerald Airways, Gemini Air Cargo, Icelandair Cargo, Islandsflug, Kalitta Air, Lufthansa, Monarch, Star Air, TNTA, United Parcel Service, bmi, bmibaby
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Aeropark, situated in the northwest corner of the airport near the village of Castle Donington is fun for everyone and is wheelchair accessible. Craft on display include Argosy 650, English Electric Canberra, Hawker Hunter, English Electric Lightning F, Visckers Varsity, Avro Vulacn and Hawker Siddeley Buccanneer. For those interested in aircraft this is an opportunity not to be missed.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Annual Capacity 5,000,000, 52 check-in desks, 14 gates. Nottingham East Midlands is the 2nd largest cargo airport in the UK after London-Heathrow.