Blackpool Airport (BLK) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Blackpool Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 5km (3miles) southeast of Blackpool.
- (0)125 334 3434
Directions & Transportation
- A taxi rank is situated outside the Terminal Building and a freephone is located next to the public telephone. Blacktax 01253 596 596 or 01253 508 508
- Buses serving the local area are available at the airport entrance. For further information on bus and tram services tel: 01253 473000.National Express Coach Services operate to and from Blackpool throughout the year. Travel is available from almost any of their 1500 destinations served within the UK.
- The Airport Passenger Terminal is only five minutes walk from the Squires Gate Railway Station. Services connect with the Rail Network via Preston.
- Taxi, Bus and Coach transport services are available from the airport.
- Airport Info:
- Leaflets and brochures regarding flights and local attractions are available from the information desk.
- Baggage trolleys are available.
- Bureau de Change and ATM is situated next to the Information Desk.
- More Services:
- Telephones are located throughout the airport. Two Lounges provide comfortable seating and there is a children's play area in the International Departure Lounge. A postbox is just outside the terminal building.
- Eating & Drinking:
- A comfortable buffet and bar is located in the main concourse for meals, drinks and snacks. A small bar is situated in the International Departures Lounge.
- A shop is open during flight times and sells gifts, books, newspapers, soft drinks and pharmaceutical items. There is a duty free shop as well.
- Business Facilities:
- A VIP Lounge is available on request.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The Airport is on one level and is accessible for the disabled. Wheelchairs are available and check-in desks have low shelves. Toilets for the disabled are located throughout the airport. Parking for the disabled is available and a drop-off zone is directly outside the terminal.
- Airlines Served:
- Air Europa, Britannia Cargo, British European, Emerald Airways, First Choice Airways, Flykeen, Ryanair
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price
- Activities near the Airport:
- Blackpool is the typical British seaside resort with all its Golden Mile entertainments to amuse. It is also a very popular gay and lesbian resort.
- Other Interesting Information:
- 1909, the year Louis Bleriot made his momentous crossing of the English Channel, was the year that Blackpool Airport came into being. Much historical water has flowed under the bridge, and very interesting times and changes ended with a new airport terminal being opened in October 1995 and the old wooden terminal was demolished.