Birmingham International Airport (BHX) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Black Cabs - taxis operate from the taxi rank outside the passenger terminals. The fare to Birmingham centre is around about £16. Agree on the price if you're going farther afield before boarding the taxi. Taxi service is available 24/7. Cab Tours: This is a selection of the taxis at Birmingham airport we have available to you. They carry up to 6 persons in luxury. They are clean and well maintained, some with satellite navigation, some carry inverters, meaning you may charge your laptop or mobile phone on board the taxi during your transfer. Phone number is 00447769731263. Website http://www.cabtours.org & email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All buses stop outside the airport passenger terminals and services 900 and 966 operate from early morning till late at night but there is no service overnight. Bus fares and timetables are posted at the terminals and passengers must have the correct fare ready as the drivers cannot give change. National Express operate long distance coaches but do stop in Birmingham city centre.
- Skyrail links the airport terminal to Birmingham International Interchange and leaves every two minutes and takes less than two minutes to reach the station and the service is free. 6 to 7 trains travel to Birmingham New Street Station every hour and takes 10 to 15 minutes. Trains run less frequently during the evening and there are no trains at night. Timetables and fares are posted at the terminals. Do not board a train without a ticket.
- Transport by road includes Taxis, buses and coaches.
- Airport Info:
- The Airport Information desk is located in the Millennium Link, There is another Information desk in the Departures Lounge and British Airways operates a customer service in Terminal 2
- Baggage trolleys are available in the main entrance and in the Baggage Reclaim hall. Luggage storage (tel:(0)121 767 7987) is available on the first floor of Terminal 1. There is also a key holding and baggage delivery service.
- ATMs and Bureaux de Change are available in both terminals. Tel:(0)121 782 1717 Travellex for information.
- There are prayer rooms in both terminals.
- More Services:
- There are medical centres in both terminals. Telephones are located throughout the airport. Fax facilities are available in the Departure Lounge. Baby change rooms are on the first floor and in the Departure Lounge.
- Business Facilities:
- Air Space provide meeting rooms for 40 to 50 people and flipcharts and overhead projectors are available. Business Booths are situated in the Departure Lounge in Terminal 1.
- Disabled Facilities:
- There are specially adapted toilets and lifts are located in all the levels of the terminals. Contact tel:(0)870 733 5511 for assistance with luggage and check-ins. Arrange with your airline for a wheelchair and assistance after check-in. In Terminal 1 there is a Minicom System (tel: (0)121 7678084) and there is an induction loop system.
- Airlines Served:
- Aer Arann, Aer Lingus, Air France, Air Malta, Air Slovakia, BA CitiExpress, City Bird Airlines, Continental, Cyprus Airways, Czech Airlines, Eastern Airways, Emirates, First Choice Airways, Flybe, KLM, Lufthansa, Mahan Air, MyTravel Lite, Pakistan Int´l, Ryanair, SAS-Scandinavian, SNCargo, Skydays, Slovak Airlines, Swiss, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan Airways
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price
- Activities near the Airport:
- In Birmingham city centre you could do the Birmingham and Fazeley Canal, Farmers Bridge Lock, into Newhall Street, St Paul's Square, Colmore Row and finally St Philips Cathedral. Bullring, Gas Street Basin and Jewellery Quarter are other interesting places to visit.
- Other Interesting Information:
- There are 86 check-in desks, 31 gates and 17 airbridges at the airport. More than 10 million passengers pass through annually.