Izmir Airport (ADB) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Izmir Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 18 km (11 Miles) south of the City.
- 90 (0)232 274 26 26
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available at the airport. Bargain to get the best fare, if you don't haggle over the price you will be ripped off. Fares go up after midnight to 6am.
- The Havas Bus leaves from the Turkish Airline office at the airport every 20, 35 or 60 minutes to the centre of Izmir. It is the easiest way to reach town.
- The train station is next to the International Terminal connected by a covered walkway. A train leaves every hour for Alsancak Gari but it leaves you to the north of the city. Trains from the Airport to Basmane train station in the city run mostly in the afternoons. The trains are ramshackle but very cheap.
- There are taxis and the Havas Airport Bus commuting to Izmir city centre. The best way is by the airport bus. There are lots of buses passing by on the Highway but it's a few kilometers walk to get to a bus stop and the taxis wont stop there.
- Airport Info:
- There is an Information Desk in the International and the Domestic Terminal.
- Enquire at the Information Desk for Lost Property as well as luggage storage facilities.
- There is a Bureau de Change in the International Terminal. Check the exchange rate, you may benefit by using a Bank or your Hotel.
- More Services:
- Telephones are located in both terminals. Toilets and baby change facilities are available.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are cafes and bars in the International and Domestic terminals.
- There is a shop that supplies newspapers, cigarettes and sweets. Duty Free shopping is available in the International Terminal.
- Business Facilities:
- There is a VIP Lounge in the International Terminal.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is wheelchair accessible. Toilets for the disabled are located in both terminals. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- Adygeya, Aeroflot, Air Astana, Air Kazakstan, Air Liberte, Air Sofia, Avia Turkmenistan, Bosphorus Airlines, Fly Air, Istanbul Havacilik Kuluba, Khalifa Airways, Kibris Turk Havayollar, Lux Air, Onur Air, Pakistan Airlines, Qatar Airlines, Span Air, Uzbekistan Airlines, Yamal Airlines, Yuzhnaya Air, Zenith Air.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Activities near the Airport:
- The Aegean coast with seemingly endless beaches is the great lure for tourists, but a visit to the Bazaar is very entertaining.