Istanbul Sabiha Gocken International Airport (SAW) Guide
Other Airports in Istanbul
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available outside the arrivals area. Do bargain the fare before taking the taxi.
- Municipal buses, Istanbul Sea Buses provide transport from the airport.
- Airport Info:
- Information Desks are located in the International and Domestic terminals.
- Lost Property service is available, the WorldTracer System, which is used in all world airports and airlines for search and follow-up lost luggage is used in Sabiha Gokcen Airport. Trolleys are freely available.
- The Bank of Turkey has a branch in the arrivals lounge of the International Terminal. Banking hours are 9am to 6pm.
- More Services:
- Telephones accepting, phone cards, credit cards and smart card are located in the International and Domestic terminals. The Post Office is located in the International Terminal. Toilets are located throughout the airport and a baby room is located in the Departure lounge in the International Terminal. Smoking areas are in Hall A & B in the Mezzanine Restaurant and Cafe.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Wings Cafe and Bar is located in the mezzanine lounge of the International Terminal and there are two cafes on the ground floor of the International Terminal. In the Departure lounge of the Domestic Terminal you will find East Port Cafe.
- The Mini Market sells Newspapers, magazines, cigarettes, sweets and food. Unitel Technomarket sells mobile phones and accessories and other electronic goods. Duty Free shopping sell liquor, cigarettes, sweets and perfumes.
- Business Facilities:
- There is a CIP Lounge with telephone, computer and Internet and televsion.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is wheelchair accessible. Toilets for the disabled are located in the Domestic and International terminals. Wheelchair service is provided free of charge for the disabled. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- Adria Airways, Adygeya, Aegean Airlines, Aero Trans Avia, Aeroflot, Aerotrans, Africa Air Lines, Air Adriatic, Air Astana, Air Atlanta, Air Baltic, Air Bosna, Air Canada, Air France, Air Holland, Air Kazakstan, Air Liberte, Air Malta, Air Moldova, Air Rwanda, Air Slovakia, Air Sofia, Air Ukraine, Air West, Air Zena, Al Farana Air, Albanian Airlines, American Trans Air, Armenian Airlines, Atlas Air, Austrian Airlines, Avia Express, Avia Turkmenistan, Aviaprad Airlines, Azerbaijan Airlines, Baikal Air, Balkan-Bulgarian Airlines, Bangladesh Biman, Bosphorus Airlines, Botir Air, Britannia Airways, British Airways, Buraq Air, Cairo Air, Cathay Pacific, China United Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Czech Airlines, Delta Airlines, Egypt Air, Emirates, Estonian Air, Ethiopian Airlines, Finnair, Gulf Air, Hunair, Iberia, Iceland Air, Iran Air, Istanbul Havacilik Kuluba, Japan Air Lines, JMC Airlines, Jordan Aviation, Khalifa Airways, Kibris Turk Havayollari, Kuwait Airlines, Lauda Air, Lotus Air, Lux Air, Maersk Air, Malaysian Airlines, Nordic Airlink, Nouvel Air Tunisia, Olympic Airways, Pakistan Airlines, Palestinian Airlines, Portugalia Airlines, Qatar Airlines, Rusair, Saudi Arabian, Siberia Airlines, Slovak Air, South African Airways, Span Air, Sudan Airways, Swiss Air, Thai Airways, Tunis Air, Tyuman Airlines, Ukraine Air, Uzbekistan Airlines, Virgin Air, Volare Airlines, World Airways, Yamal Airlines, Yemen Airways, Yuzhnaya Air, Zenith Air.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Activities near the Airport:
- Behind the well known Blue Mosque you will find the Mosaic Museum which is well worth a visit. These mosaics are truly magnificent.
- Other Interesting Information:
- The airport honours Sabiha Gökçen (21.3.1913 - 22.3.2001) first female fighter pilot in the world. She was the first woman to fly The Focke Wulfe 190-A3 and in her career as a pilot and teacher she flew 22 different combat and aerobatics airplanes.