Zurich Airport (ZRH) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Zurich Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 13 km(8 Miles) north of the Zurich city centre.
- (0)1 816 22 11
Directions & Transportation
- Airport Taxi (tel: 0848 850 852) may be pre-booked if you wish. Taxis are available in front of Arrivals 1 and 2. Taxis run from the airport to central Zurich in about 15 minutes and costs around CHF50 or ? 35. Ascertain the fare before going on the journey.
- Eleven bus lines, departing every 10, 15, 30 or 60 minutes, travel to Zurich centre and cover the region surrounding Zurich Airport, including Glattal, Zurich-Oerlikon and Winterthur. The terminal can be reached via the Shopping centre and is located behind car parks 2 and 3. If you wish to take early buses to the airport then contact (tel: (0)52 728 0811)for buses from Shaffhausen and Constance and (tel:(0)31 985 1313) for buses from Berne. Hotel courtesy buses operate from in front of Arrivals 1 and 2. Many hotels in downtown Zurich and the airport have their own shuttle service which is free to hotel guests.
- Trains depart from Zurich every ten minutes to Zurich main train station. A welcome ticket for CHF10.80 gives you unlimited transport to and from the airport and in Zurich city for the day. Many inter-city and regional trains provide transport to the towns and cities, such as Basel, Berne, St Gallen, Lucerne, Zug, constance, Lausanne and Geneva, in Switzerland. Tel:9000 300 300 for train information.
- Taxis, buses and shuttles are available. Transport to and from the airport is excellent.
- Airport Info:
- Information Welcome Desks are located in the Arrivals of terminals 1 and 2 and in the new check-in area 3. FASTpoint terminals, located throughout the airport, provide information on airport facilities and services including flight and train schedules, maps and directories, porters, assistance for the disabled, shops, bars, restaurants, medical services, baby and children facilities and much more.
- There is a Lost Property service and luggage lockers are available in Arrivals 1. A porter service is available and trolleys are provided free of charge.
- There are banks, which also provide bureau de change services.
- There are prayer rooms in the airport.
- Shower facilities include towel, soap, shampoo, body lotion for CHF10.00 is available.
- More Services:
- There is a Post Office and nine FASTpoint terminals providing telephone, fax, photocopy and Wireless Internet. There is a nursery and play area near the gates in Transit Zone A and B and in Dock E. Toys to please all children includes, puzzles, building sets, games, dolls, soft toys and much more. For Childcare call tel: (0)43 816 46 31. Baby facilities include tables for nappy change, a kitchen-aid to warm up meals, feeding chairs and playpens. There is a room for breast-feeding and cots for babies to sleep. Baby foods, fruit juices, feeding bottles and nappies are also available. For long stop-overs at the airport you can rent air conditioned rooms for a few hours or to sleep over. Facilities include a TV room, a reading corner and a kitchen. Showers are available and towels, soap, body lotion and hair dryer is provided. Tea, coffee and soup is available, free. There is a shoe cleaning machine and a snack machine. A service list is provided in every room. Arrange a wake-up call so that you do not miss your flight. In the airport you will find a Medical and Dental centre and a Pharmacy. Dry Cleaning, Photo printing and Hair dressing is available.
- The landside shops cover 60 stores including Blume 3000, Migros, City Disk, Steiner's airport bakery, Confiserie Sprungli, Swatch, Swisscom, Sunrise, Lollipop, Orange, Buchairshop, Navyboot, Vögele shoes, Christ clocks, watches and jewellery and some wonderful fashion outlets. On the airside some 50 shops beckon your eyes to look and buy.
- Business Facilities:
- The Conference Center has 28 conference, seminar and meeting rooms, named after well-known aviation pioneers, for 2 to 120 participants. The rooms can be individually equipped to meet your specific needs Additional function rooms are situated in the office building opposite Check-in 1. They offer state-of-the-art conference technology and, thanks to their eighth-floor location, fantastic views over the entire airfield.
OHPs, flip-charts and so forth are standard equipment. We also provide e-mail stations, beamers, telephone/video conferencing, streaming and more. Large-screen video projection (including TV) and comprehensive media conference systems are permanently installed in the multimedia room.
Business partners, VIPs, private individuals, guests from the fields of politics, culture, commerce and sport can be escorted to and from the aircraft by our VIP/CIP service, discreetly, quickly and directly. If required by limousine and with full red carpet treatment. Our Unique VIP/CIP lounge is the best place to spend any waiting time.
Book the Convention / Welcome Desk for an additional touch of class ? we give your guests and VIPs our full attention.
The Conference Centre (tel: (0)43 816 3422) has 28 conference, seminar and meeting rooms for up to 120 people and can be equipped to suit your needs. Function rooms offering the best of conference technology and located eight floors up afford fabulous views over the entire airfield. Large screen video, including TV, projection and comprehensive media conference systems are permanent in the multimedia room. You can book the Welcome Desk and VIP service to escort delegates from the aircraft or elsewhere by limousine and full red carpet service can be provided. VIP Lounges
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is accessible and lifts and ramps are provided to access all levels of the terminals. Accessible toilets for the disabled and telephones are located throughout the airport. Parking for the disabled is available in car park 2. In the Departure halls there are special desks to provide assistance for the disabled. Ensure you are at the airport at least 90 minutes before departure. Porters are available to assist with baggage. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- Adria Airways, Aer Lingus, Aeroflot, Air Canada, Air China, Air France, Air Glaciers, Air India, Air Malta, Air Mauritius, Air Seychelles, Air Ukraine, Alitalia, American Airlines Cargo, Austrian Airlines, Balkan Bulgarian, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Continental, Cyprus Airways, Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Deutsche Lufthansa, Edelweiss Air, Egyptair, El Al, Emirates, Finnair, Garuda Indonesia, Iberia, Icelandair Cargo, Japan Airlines, Jat Airways, KLCuk, KLM, Korean Air, LOT, MEA, Malaysia Airlines, Malev, Mandarin, Meridiana, Moldavian Airlines, Olympic, Pakistan Int´l, Royal Air Maroc, SAS-Scandinavian, SIA Cargo, South African Airways, Swiss, dba.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Activities near the Airport:
- The Swiss National Museum is very close to the main train station in Zurich and a most interesting place to spend some time. Zoo Dolder with its Madagascar Rainforest is not to be missed.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Annual passenger count exceeds 20 million.