Geneva International Airport (GVA) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis depart from outside the Arrivals. Taxiphone SA Geneva (Tel:(0)22 331 4133) and Taxis des Bergues (Tel:(0)22 732 3032) provide transport to Geneva city centre and beyond. Limousines services are provided by Ambassador (Tel: (0)22 731 4141).
- TPG - Geneva Public Transport bus No.10 bus departs every 10 minutes to Geneva city centre and Bus No.18 departs every 30 minutes to the United Nations. Ticket machines for which you will need small change, dispenses bus tickets. A Travel-as-you-Please ticket, valid for one hour, costs CHF2.20. A 3 hour pass costs CHF6 and a 7day pass costs CHF30. There are many other bus services to numerous destinations in Europe departing from the airport.
- The Airport train station is located 300 metres from the Airport Terminal. Trains travel directly to destinations in Switzerland and Europe. All trains stop in the city centre at Geneva-Cornavin.
- Buses, taxis and limousines provide transport to Geneva city and beyond.
- Airport Info:
- Information desks (tel: (0)22 717 7105) are located in Arrivals and in the Transit area.
- Lost Property offices are located in the main concourse of the terminal (tel:(0)22 427 9231) and at the train station (tel:(0)51 225 1433). Left Luggage (tel:51 225 2211) is available. Automatic lockers cost CHF4,5 and 7. A Porter service (tel:(0)79 290 2023 is available and costs CHF5 per two items of baggage.
- There is are Banks, Bureaux de Change and ATMs in the airport terminal.
- Showers are available. Enquire at the Information Desk (tel:(0)22 717 7105) and pay CHF15.
- More Services:
- Telephones, Fax and Wireless Internet is available. Mobile phone hire is available. There is a Post Office. Showers, toilets and baby change is available. There is a nursery for children up to 5 years old. There is a Medical Centre and a Pharmacy. A Hair Dresser and a Dry Cleaner who will press your clothes and at Business Corner you can do photocopies, fax and print your own business cards.
- Eating & Drinking:
- You could choose Aux Bonnes Choses for Italian food, La Marmite for traditional cooking, Le Cockpit serves fast foods, Le Plein Ciel for the best in French cuisine and everything especially Swiss at the Swiss Chalet. Relax at Bar Arrivee, Bar Depart, Le Pub: Follow Me, Martel or the Swiss Coffee House. Maybe a delicious pastry from the Croissanterie takes your fancy. There are many eateries here.
- The list of shops is endless and some very fine stores make their goods available in the airport. Fashion, jewellery, electronic and photographic goods, fine chocolates, leather goods, toys, books, flowers and food. You could spend the entire day browsing all the beautiful shops. Duty Free shopping includes many shops.
- Business Facilities:
- SkyCom Business Centre (tel: (0)22 717 7800) offers private offices with fax, photocopy, computer and Internet facilities. Secretarial and translation services are provided on request. Conference rooms and all the equipment you may require is available, and can accommodate up to 120 people. And there is a catering service as well. At Business Corner you will find telephone, Fax, photocopy and Internet access.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is wheelchair accessible and toilets for the disabled are located throughout the airport. Assistance for disabled passengers is available (tel: (0)22 799 3346). If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- Aer Lingus, Aeroflot, Afriqiyah, Air Algerie, Air Dolomiti SPA, Air Europa, Air France, Air Malta, Air Mauritius, Alitalia, Blue 1, British Airways, Continental, DHL Air, Duo Airways, Easyjet, Egyptair, El Al, European Air Express, Flybaboo, Flybe, Hapag Lloyd, Iberia, Iran Air, KLM, Kuwait Airways, LOT, Lufthansa, Luxair, MEA, Olympic, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian, SAS-Scandinavian, SN Brussels, Saudi Arabian, Swiss, TAP-Air Portugal, THY-Turkish, TNTA, Tunisair, United Parcel Service, Virgin Express, Wilderoes, Whizz Air.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Activities near the Airport:
- Rent a bike a cycle along the beautiful Lake Geneva or visit the impressive Cathedral de St Pierre in the heart of town and why not take a peak at the world's tallest fountain Jet d'Eau.
- Other Interesting Information:
- There are 110 check-in desks, 17 air bridges and passengers numbers exceed 10 million annually.