Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis operate from outside the terminals. Speak to a taxi co-ordinator, found outside the terminal building and ascertain the fare before you embark.
- Flygbussarna-Airport buses depart from terminals 2, 4 & 5 to the City Terminal in Stockholm and many other destinations. During peak times buses depart every ten minutes. The bus journey to Stockholm Cityterminalen takes about 45 minutes. The Uppsala local bus service operates Bus Route No 801 from Arlanda Airport to Uppsala, departing every 15 minutes during peak times. Bus( Route No 583) connects with the commuter train at Marsta station. There is a combined Taxi-Bus service where you are taken by taxi from your hotel to the nearest airport bus stop to board a bus to the airport. For bookings to the airport tel: (0)8 686 1010. From the airport you make arrangements with the bus driver. This service is also available from Uppsala.
- There are three railway stations at the airport. One station exits at Terminal 5 and another at Terminals 2, 3 and 4. Frequent trains leave for Stockholm city. The Arlanda Express train journey takes 20 minutes. The station at Sky City serve long distance destinations including Goteburg and Trondheim.
- Buses, taxis and limousines are available from the airport.
- Airport Info:
- Information Desks (tel: (0)8 797 6015) are located in terminals 2, 4 and 5. The Information Desk located in Terminal 5 Arrivals hall is open 24/7.
- Left-luggage facilities is located in Terminal 5. Safety Deposit boxes are available in Sky City and all the terminals. For Lost Property enquire at the Information Desks (tel: (0)8 797 6015). Travel Cargo( tel:(0)8 597 854 80 in Terminal 5 operates an excess baggage service for luggage bound on an international destination. Deliver baggage to the airport a few days prior to departure.
- There are two Banks, Bureaux de Change and numerous ATMs in the airport.
- There is a chapel in the airport.
- Showers are located in the airport.
- More Services:
- Telephones are located throughout all the terminals .Fax facilities can be found in terminals 2, 4 and 5 There are PC workstations in terminals 2 and 4, and Internet connections are available in terminals 4 and 5. There is a post office and a courier service in Sky City. Internet cafes are available in Sky City and in Terminal 5. Toilets and baby change facilities are located in all the terminals. There is a nursing room and play areas for children. There is a doctor?s surgery, a pharmacy, a hairdresser, a dry cleaner and a fitness centre.
- Eating & Drinking:
- In the public areas in the airport there are numerous eateries. In Sky City Alfredo's serve Italian cuisine. East & West is a sushi bar and there's New Orleans Bistro & Bar and Roberts Coffee. In T2 there's the Aviatic cafeteria and Stop Gap. In t3 you will find Hava Java cafeteria. In T4 there's the Heineken Bar and Cafe Select and in T5 you will find Cafe Ritazza and the Ria Bar. For passengers only there's the Grenoli Sports Bar, and Arlanda Bryggeri, a Scandinavian Pub serving home cooking and in T2 there's the Around the Corner Bar.
- There are shops in all the terminals but the hub is in Sky City and Terminal 5. Fashion and accessories can be bought from Bruuns Bazaar, Turnover, J Lindeberg and Dyrberg & Kern. Visit Legowear for children's goodies. 7-Eleven supply newspapers and groceries. Go to Airstop for souvenirs and Euroshop sells perfumes, cosmetics and photographic goods. At Press Stop you can browse their range of CDs and periodicals. Check out the fabulous crystal at Prisma and visit Teliabutiken for mobile phones.
- Business Facilities:
- Prime Point (tel: (0)8 797 6200), in Sky City offers conference facilities for up to 700 people. There is a large exhibition hall able to accommodate up to 1000 people. Business facilities in the airport terminals include VIP lounges with fax, Internet access and computer workstations.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Parking for the disabled is available. Contact Information (tel: (0)8 797 6015) for details and cheaper parking rates for the disabled. The airport is wheelchair accessible with lifts to reach all levels. Accessible toilets are located in all the terminals and text telephones are also provided. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- Aeroflot Russian Airlines, Aerosvit Airlines, Air Baltic, Air France, Air Malta, Alitalia, Blue 1, bmi, British Airways, Brussels Airlines, Bulgaria Air, Czech Airlines, Estonian Air, European Executive Express, Finnair, Germania Express, germanwings, Iberia, Iceland Air, JAT Yugoslav Airlines, KLM Dutch Airlines, Lithuanian Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Luxair, Maersk. MALEV, Nordic East Airlink, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Pulkovo Aviation Enterprise, SAS, Skyways Express, snowflake, Spanair, Sterling, Swe Fly, Swedline Express, Swiss Air, Syrian Arab Airlines, TAP - Air Portugal, Tunisair, Turkish Airlines, Wilderoes.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Activities near the Airport:
- The Botanical Gardens on the south side of Slottskogsparken is a tranquil, peaceful place to spend some time. The rock gardens are splendid and inspiring.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Annual passenger numbers exceed 13 million.