Gothenberg Airport (GSE) Guide
Other Airports in Gothenburg
- Airport Name:
- Gothenberg Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 12 km (7 miles) northwest of Gothenburg city centre.
- (0)31 92 60 60
Directions & Transportation
- There is a Taxi rank at the airport. A limousine service is also available enquire at the information desk. Taxis travel to Central Station in Goteburg (SEK200-300), to Torslanda - Volvo (SEK150-200) and to Landvetter Airport (SEK400-600) Night time fares are more expensive.
- The airport bus travels to the main Bus and Rail Station in the city which coincides with Ryanair flights. Journey time is 40 minutes and the fare is SEK50. Buses depart 45 minutes after scheduled flight arrival. From Goteburg take Bus 36 (SEK50) to the airport. Fares may be paid in Euro or Pounds Sterling.
- The airport bus and taxis provide transport into Goteburg city centre.
- Airport Info:
- There is an Information Desk in the airport to assist with your enquiries.
- There is a baggage reclaim belt.
- More Services:
- Telephones are located in the airport. Toilet and baby change facilities are available.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There is a cafe and restaurant open from 7am to 9pm weekdays and opens to suit scheduled flights on the weekends. The restaurant serves beer and wine. In the Departure hall there is a self service cafeteria.
- There is a shop that supplies film, batteries, gifts and perfume etc.
- Business Facilities:
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is accessible for disabled people and wheelchair accessible toilet facilities are provided. A permit will enable the disabled to have cheaper rates in the car parks. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- Hex´Air, Ryanair
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Activities near the Airport:
- From Stora Hamn Canal in the Old Town a meander down by Rosenlunds Canal and the oldest Synagogue in Sweden you can enjoy wonderful little cafes and funny little junk shops and the food markets.
- Other Interesting Information:
- The airport at Save was established in 1940 as a military airport. The air force squadron was shut down in 1969 and the 2nd Helicopter Division base was moved to Save.