Madrid Barajas Airport (MAD) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Madrid Barajas Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 13km to the northeast of Madrid
- 913 936 000 or 913 058 34
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available from taxi ranks located infront of the terminals, passengers are urged not to accept any offers from taxi operators from inside the terminals and to ensure that the meter is turned on before leaving.
- There are regular bus services from the airport to Madrid, Bus no.101 runs to Barajas-Canilejas and bus no.89 to Colon. The bus stops are located outside all the terminals.
- The underground has direct access to the airport, the Madrid Metro Line connects the airport with Madrid?s city centre station Nuevos Ministerios in the heart of Madrid?s financial district.
- There are several options available to passengers traveling to and from the airport by road: bus, car and taxi.
- Airport Info:
- There are many information desks located throughout the airport and there is a team of 'Skycaps' that assist passengers and provide any information that is needed. There are also 2 tourist information deskd located in Terminals 1 and 2.
- The airport has two left luggage facilities, located in Terminals 1 and 2.
- There are three banks, several bureaux de change facilities and many ATMs located throughout the airport. There is also a 24-hour bank located in Terminal 1.
- The airport has two chapels, Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe Chapel and Nuestra Senora de Loreto Chapel.
- More Services:
- The airport has a post office; pharmacies; nurseries; and a medical service centre in Terminal 1. There are also travel agencies and tour operators. There is also a beauty centre, children's play area
- Eating & Drinking:
- The airport has a wide range of shops available in the terminal buildings, including duty-free shops; music shop; tabacco shop; sport shop; jewellery shop; clothing and accessories shop; and many more.
- The airport has over 30 bars; restaurants; and cafes, including Bar del Parking; Cafeteria Ars; Cafeteria Colombia; Cafeteria Los Pioneros de la Aviacion; Cafeteria Robot Madrid; and many more.
- Business Facilities:
- The airport has a conference and business centre located in Terminal 2, with 7 fully equipped conference rooms available for hire. VIP lounges are also situated in all the terminals, and the Madrid Chamber of Commerce and Industry has a small office in Terminal 1, with photocopy; fax; and telephone services.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is full accessable to disabled passenger, with lifts; ramps; adapted toilets and telephones. Wheelchairs can be provided on request and passengers should inform their airline of any special requirements before travelling.
- Airlines Served:
- Aerlingus, Aero Mexico, Aeroflot, Aerolineas Argentinas, Aeropostal (Alas de Venezuela), Air Algerie, Air Berlin, Air Dolomiti, Air Europa, Air France, Air Luxor, Air Madrid, Air Malta, Air Nostrum (Iberia), Air Plus Comet, Air Portugal TAP, Alitalia, Alpieagles, American Airlines, Austrian, Avianca (Colombia), British Airways, British Midland, Bulgaria Air, CSA Czech Airlines, Cabo Verde Airlines, Continental Airlines, Cubana Airlines, Delta Airlines, Easy Jet, Ecuatoguineana de Aviacion, Egypt Air, El Al- Israel Airlines, Finnair, Free Bird Airlines, Germanwings, Iberia, Iberworld, Iran Airlines, KLM, LOT (Polonia), Lagun Air, Lan Chile, Lan Ecuador, Lloyd Aeroboliviano, Lufthansa, Luxair, Malev Hungarian Airlines, Nouvelair Tunisie, Olimpic Airways, PGA Portugalia Airlines, Pluna (Uruguay), Pullmantur Air, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian Airlines, SAS (Scandinavian Airlines System), SN Brussels Airlines, Santa Barbara Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Syrian Arab Airlines, Southern Winds, Spanair, Swiss International Air Lines Ltd, Tarom, Thai Airways, Transavia/Basiq Air, Tunisair, Turkish Airlines, US Airways, Ukraine International, Varig (Brasil), Virgin Express, Volare
- Airport Taxes:
- Varies according to destinations and is added into the ticket prices.