Faro Airport (FAO) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Faro Airport
- Airport Code:
- 4km from Faro
- (0)289 800 800
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available from near the Arrivals Terminal
- A time table is posted by the meeting point, and buses to town can be caught from outside the Terminal. Aerobus provide a shuttle service to town
- Car, Bus, Shuttle and Taxi
- Airport Info:
- An information desk is located at the meeting point and tourist information is to be had on arrival from the ICEP desk.
- Lost Property is located near the meeting point.
- Both the arrivals and departures have banks and ATMs. Foreign exchange and a post office are in arrivals.
- More Services:
- Travel Agencies.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Clothing/Accessories - I santi, Lune Bleue,Football Corner, Sunglass Hut and Tie Rack.Books and Music - Aldesa and Relay, a deli and gift shop amongst many others.
- Eating establishments are run by Marhotel and include, snack bars, Coffee shops and an international restaurant, there also 2 self service restaurants serving departures and in the public hall.
- Business Facilities:
- There is a conference room in the Terminal housing up to 65 delegates with TV and video facilities. The airport manager can be contacted at (0)289 818 802. The CIP lounge can also be used, ask at information.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Lifts and disabled toilets are available throughout the Terminal and there are parking bays in the car park opposite.
- Airlines Served:
- Aero Lloyd, Britannia Cargo, British Airways, Caledonian, Condor, First Choice Airways, Hapag Lloyd, KLCuk, LTU Int´l, Lufthansa CityLine, Martinair Holland, Monarch, MyTravel, MyTravel Airways, Portugalia, TAP-Air Portugal, Transavia
- Airport Taxes:
- 15 Euro
- Activities near the Airport:
- Faro is the capital of the Algarve and among the highlights is.
The Castle - An interesting example of Moorish architecture in the old walled town.
Arco da Vila - This is the arch under which you enter the old town where you will find many impressive buildings.
Church of Sao Francisco - Beautiful old church that will interest everyone with its ornate wooden carvings and the bones chapel. There many interesting churches in the old town.