Oslo Airport (OSL) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Oslo Airport
- Airport Code:
- Located 50km (31 miles) north of Oslo
- 64 812 000
Directions & Transportation
- Should you not be able to reach a destination by train, you can count on the bus service, at an affordable price. Tickets can be bought on board, although most travel agents sell tickets on the more popular long-distance routes and remember to be sure to keep your ticket until the journey is completed.
- All Norwegian train services are run by the state railway company, namely Norges Statsbaner - they can be reached on tel 81 50 08 88, remember to dial 4 for English.
- There are many different options available for passengers going to and from the airport, by means of public transport. The main roads in Norway are excellent and pretty straight-forward. You should however be aware of the fact that during the winter months, most of the country roads are closed and you are required to use either snow tyres, studs or chains, due to the icy weather conditions.
- Airport Info:
- The airport has an information desk which is located in the arrivals hall, from which you can get airport information as well as hotel reservations and tourist information services. For passenger services you can contact tel: 81 550 250.
- Opposite the railway station, you will find a left-luggage and lost property office. Lost luggage can be collected between 5am & 12pm daily. A porter service is also available and can be contacted on tel: 64 810 444. Storage cost per item, per week is varies from $25 to $77, depending on size.
- Located in both the Arrivals and Departures hall, you will find Nordea bank ATM's and a bureau de change.
- More Services:
- The airport has a Travel Agency which is located in the Departures hall, right infront of security.
- Eating & Drinking:
- To make your experience at Oslo airport more pleasant, it offers numerous shops, restaurants and travel-related services. There are many shops selling souvenirs for the people back home and plenty of opportunities to do banking. Located in the Domestic hall you will find stores like Capi's music, Edwis, Tie Rack, Stop Gap, Euroshop fashion & accessories and many more. Located in the International hall you will find Christiania GlasMagasin, Euroshop Kids, Thune and many more. There is also Euroshop duty-free store found in the International hall.
- The airport is equipped with numerous restaurants and cafe's, one for every kind of taste is available. These include Bertrand's Cafe, Kaffehuset, Pasta Paradiso, Sportsbaren, Explorer bar, Salmon House Seafood bar and Kon-Tiki Restaurant & ba, to name but a few.
- Business Facilities:
- The airport has a fax and photocopying facility available, which is located at the information desk in the Arrivals hall. Wireless Internet facilities are available in all public areas of the terminal.
The Radisson SAS Airport Hotel Oslo, which is located near the airport, features a conference centre which is equipped with telephones, computer facilities, data lines, Internet facilities, meeting rooms, video conferencing and secretarial services and catering. Software for wireless Internet access can be purchased at the hotel. The number to contact should you be interested is tel: 63 933 000.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The terminals are adapted for disabled passengers, and should you have a disability you are requested to contact the Passenger Services department atleast 24 hours in advance on tel: 81 550 250. Wheelchair accessible taxi's are available and can be arranged at the taxi information desk which is located in the Arrivals hall, or alternatively by contacting Airport Taxis on tel: 23 232 323.
- Airlines Served:
- Aeroflot, Air Baltic, Air France, Air Lithuania, Air Malta, Air Norway, Atlantic Airways, Austrian Airways, Basiq Air, Blue1, Braathens, British Airways, Coast Air, Continental, Czek Airlines, Danish Air Transport, Duo, Estonian Air, Finnair, Germanwings, Golden Air, Hemus Air, Iceland Air, Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Maersk Air, Norwegian, Nordic Airlink, Pakistan International Airlines, Scandinavian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Spanair, Sterling, Wideroe.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Viking Ships Museum - Should you have a few hours to spare you can take a drive to the city centre. The museum consists of a large hall specifically constructed to house a trio of ninth-century Viking ships, containing viewing platforms which enable you to see inside the hulls.
National Gallery - Open Mon, Wed & Fri 10am ? 6pm, Thurs 10am ? 8pm, Sat 10am ? 4pm and Sun 11am ? 4pm, with free admission, this is Norway's largest and most beautiful collection of fine art.
Frogner Park and Vigeland Sculpture Park - Located west of the city, you will find Oslo's most celebrated and popular cultural attractions. It features an open-air sculpture park and has the most extravagant sculptures. Be sure to have a few hours available, as there is quite a bit to be seen.
- Other Interesting Information:
- The airport lies within an agricultural area with rural districts located on the south and forests located on the north side. The geology, ground water and magnificent natural environment makes the area extremely significant.