Karmoy Haugesund Airport (HAU) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Karmoy Haugesund Airport
- Airport Code:
- Located 9 km (6 miles) South West of Haugesund.
- 47 52 85 79 00
Directions & Transportation
- There are taxi's available for travelling from the airport to the centre of town.
- The main bus station is located at Flotmyr, from which all local services depart.
- The options available for travellers is either bus, taxi or car hire.
- Airport Info:
- The airport is equipped with an information desk.
- There are no left luggage facilities available at the airport, however there are trolleys available.
- There are ATM's, banks and a bureau de change situated in the town of Haugesund.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Travellers who wish to do last minute shopping are advised to do so prior to going to the airport, as the airport does not offer shopping facilities.
- The airport is equipped with one restaurant.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is equipped with ramps and disabled toilet facilities.
- Airlines Served:
- Braathens ASA, Coast Air AS, SAS-Scandinavian
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Travellers who are troubled with flight delays have numerous options available to remain entertained, should they have time to spare. These include attractions such as:
Krosshaugen - Located approximitly 2 km from the city you will find this historical monument which consists of a stone cross from the early days of Christianity in Norway. It marks the site of an ancient gathering place of the early Christians, who faced a polluted world of pagan gods and trolls. It is said that Christian mass was celebrated here long before the church was built.
The mining museum at Visnes - Located in Karmoy, the Vigsnes Mines are located in the west near the ocean. It turned the town of Visnes into a modern industrial community in the middle of the last century. The old copper mine which situated in Visnes is the cause of the green copper skin tone of the Statue of Liberty in New York. The mine is no longer operational and was closed down in 1972.
Karmsund Folkemuseum - The museum is home to a selection of fishing, maritime, farming and archaeological exhibitions. The museum is open daily from 10:30am - 2pm and on Sundays from 12am - 3pm. For more information, the museum can be contacted on Tel: 52 72 54 64.