Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxi services are provided by Schiphol Travel Taxis and are available from outside Schiphol Plaza. Taxis can booked in advance at the airport's official website.
- There are regular public bus services from the airport to Amsterdam and other cities. The bus stop is located on Platform A7 in front of Arrivals Hall 2.
- There are direct train services from the airport to Amsterdam Centraal station, the railway station is located in the terminal's central hall under the Schiphol Plaza. There is also direct train service to Amsterdam RAI convention centre, as well as other cities including: The Hague; Rotterdam; and Vlissingen.
- There a couple options avalable to travellers going to and from the airport by road: car; bus; taxi; and shuttle services.
- Airport Info:
- There are Schiphol information desks located in Schiphol Plaza; halls 2 and 3 in Arrivals; and behind passport control in Lounges 2 and 3. There are also Multiphone units located throughout the terminal, which have touch-screen technology for information on the airport. There is a VVV Holland Tourism Information Office, which is located in Arrivals hall 2, and offers tourist information and an accommodation reservation service.
- There is a left luggage service located in the basement between Arrivals 1 and 2, and lockers are located throughout the airport. Seal & Go offer a laggage sealing service and are locate throughout the terminal building. Free trolleys and a porter service is available on request. There is also a lost and found office at the airport.
- The airport has a number of banks, which provide ATMs; VAT reclaim facilities; currency exchange machines; and bureaux de change facilities.
- The airport has a prayer room in the main hall of the terminal.
- There are 24 hour shower facilities located at the terminal hotel.
- More Services:
- The airport has a post office located in Lounge 2; mobile phone hire is available at the Telecom Rentcenter; Multiphone multimedia telephone units are locate throughout the airport; Wireless Internet is available in the communication zones; there is a medical centre, with 24 hour emergency services; and a pharmacy. The airport also has many children's play areas located Holland Boulevard; baby changing facilities are available in all toilets; massages; and there is a casino.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The airport has a wide range of shops located throught the terminal and at the Schiphol Plaza, including duty free shops; fashion boutiques; newsagents; flower shops; gift shops; music shops; and many more.
- There is a wide variety of bars; cafes; and restaurants located throughout the terminal building, including Cafe Rembrandt; Hello There; Hot n Cold; friendship Bar; Bubbles; Mediteranean Sandwich; and many more.
- Business Facilities:
- The airport has a range of business facilities available, including the Schiphol Business Centre that hires out offices equipped with fax; PC; telephone facilities; and a secretarial service. There is also the Communications Centre, which offers passengers Internet facilities; mini-offices; a post office; and a telephone centre with full telecommunication facilities. The Skyport Business Centre hires meeting rooms, which accommodates between two and 22 delegates.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is full accessable by disabled travellers, with automatic doors; toilets; lifts; and wheelchairs are available on request. ACompany offers an electrocar service, with shuttles that run between piers D; E; F; and G; and in the Arrivals hall. Passengers that need any special assistance should inform their airline before travelling.
- Airlines Served:
- Adria Airways, Aer Lingus, Aeroflot, Air Alps, Air Bosna, Air Dolomiti SPA, Air Malta, Alitalia, Asiana, Aurigny, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, China Southern, Continental, Croatia Airlines, Cyprus Airways, Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Dragonair, Dutch Caribbean, EVA Air, Easyjet, Egyptair, El Al, Emirates, Ethiopian Airlines, Eurowings, Finnair, Garuda Indonesia, Iberia, Icelandair Cargo, Iran Air, Japan Airlines, Jat Airways, KLCuk, KLM, KLM Exel, Korean Air, Kuwait Airways, LOT, Libyan Arab, Lithuanian Airlines, Lufthansa, Lufthansa CityLine, Scot Airways, TMA of Lebanon
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- Passengers delayed at the airport for a few hours can take a bus, taxi or train into Amsterdam. From there the following attractions are all within easy reach. Van Gogh Museum - Close to the Rijksmuseum. This is one of the museums in Amsterdam that is not to be missed, with it's extensive collection of Van Gogh works. The museum lets you follow the development of his work or compare his paintings with those of other 19th-century artists from the collection. The museum also houses many exhibitions of subjects related to art history of the 19th century. Vondelpark - Close to the Museumplein. This is one of the most beautiful parks in Amsterdam, with its large network of footpaths it is very popular with the local population. It dates back to 1864 and has since been expanded and modified, now it has over 100 species of tree; a wide variety of local and imported plants; and a bandstand and amazing rose garden. This is a great place to go and relax, taking a break from your hectic travel schedule.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Amsterdam's massive Schiphol airport, one of the biggest in the world.A new runway which, at almost 4,000 meters, is the longest at Schiphol, opened for air traffic on 20th February 2003. A total investment of ?320 million over a period of three years was spent on its construction.