Palermo International Airport (PMO) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available from outside the Arrivals area.
- The Prestia e Comande Bus Service runs From/To Palermo daily. The time to the Stazione Centrale is 55 minutes, and to Politeama about 40 minutes.
- There is bus service to the central station running every half hours.
- Both taxis and Buses are available at the airport.
- Airport Info:
- There is an information desk at the airport.
- There are two Lost and Found facilities at the airport, one serving Alitalia passengers, and the other for all other passengers. Two items of luggage with maximum height + length + width of 160 cm are carried free, and one with maximum dimensions 45x35x18 cm may be taken on board as hand luggage. Guide Dogs for the blind passenger may accompany their owners in the cabin, and are carried free of charge. (N.B. Check with airline when booking.)
- There is a bank located on the terminal ground floor and two cash dispensers (one for foreign exchange) can be found in the arrivals hall. A post office is also located on the first floor.
- There is an Ecumenical Chapel located on the second floor which is open at all times. A catholic mass is celebrated every Saturday at 7.00 PM and on Sunday at 08.45 AM.
- More Services:
- There is a baby care room available in the 'Passenger Friendly Lounge, and a First Aid post that is attended by Red Cross personnel, as well as an ambulance service available 24 hours a day.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There is a tobacconist shop located at the airport
- There is a self service restaurant at the airport, as well as bars.
- Business Facilities:
- There are two VIP lounges located on the first floor. Ulisse VIP Lounge is accessible to Alitalia passengers, and the other for passengers of all other airlines' passengers.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is wheelchair accessible and has toilets available for passengers with impaired mobility, as well as the "Sala Amica" (Passenger Friendly Lounge), where disabled passengers can rest in comfort while waiting for their flight, with members of the Italian Red Cross in attendance. Wheelchairs are available to transfer passenger to the boarding gate, and from there onto the aircraft by movable elevators. There are parking bays reserved for disabled passengers, and staff are available to assist on request.
- Airlines Served:
- Alitalia, Air Malta, Ryanair
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is included in the price of the ticket.
- Other Interesting Information:
- The airport was named Falcone-Borsellino in honour of the two leading anti-mafia judges, Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino, who were murdered by the mafia in the early 1990s