Alghero Fertilia Airport (AHO) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Alghero Fertilia Airport
- Airport Code:
- Alghero Fertilia is the principal airport for nord Sardinia, and is located about 11 kms from town.
- (+)39 79 935282, (+)39
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available outside the Arrivals Hall.
- There are buses available to and from Alghero and Piazza della Mercede
- There is bus service to and from Alghero Fertilia Airport to Piazza della Mercede, as well as taxis.
- Airport Info:
- There is an airport information booth and a tourist help desk located in the airport.
- There is a bank, a currency exchange bureau and ATM machines at the airport.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are outlets selling locally produced gifts, handicrafts and alcohol, a pharmacy, and duty-free shop located at the airport.
- There is bar, cafe and restaurant located at the airport.
- Business Facilities:
- There is a conference room at the airport. Information and Reservation: Fax - (+)39 (0)7 93 5282
- Disabled Facilities:
- Disabled passengers should notify their airline in advance if in need of wheelchair or special assistance. The airport is fitted with toilets for the disabled, ramps and lifts. There are designated parking areas for disabled passengers.
- Airlines Served:
- Alitalia, DHL Air, Ryanair, Volare
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is included in the price of the ticket.
- Activities near the Airport:
- With time on your hands between flights take a tour of the city and see some of the points of interest such as the Malaspina Castle, Nostra Signora di Regnos Altos XIV, and the Medieval village.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Alghero is one of the most frequently visited centres in Sardinia, and is the only place in the region where Catalan is spoken, introduced by the Spaniards, who rulled the city for about 400 years. It is a fascinating place to visit, with Aragonese architecture, caves, cliffs, and beaches to explore.