Rome Fiumicino Airport (FCO) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is situated 32km from the city.
- (+)39 (06) 6595 1
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available at the airport. The official taxis are white and identified by the illuminated Taxi sign on the roof. Ensure the meter is running, and check the approximate price of the journey beforehand.
- Every 30 minutes the COTRAL bus carry's passengers to the Anagnina Station of Metro Line A, leading to the city centre. The bus service runs to the railway stations at night as well. There is a shuttle bus to parking and terminals.
- Take the Leonardo Express, a direct train service to Rome's main railway station, Stazione Termini the train. Follow the signs from the main Arrivals area.The service runs every 30 minutes, between 6.30am and 11.30pm.
- Taxis are available, as well as buses.
- Airport Info:
- There are information desks located in all three terminals. Information kiosks equipped with touch-screen technology and videoconferencing with an operator are located in Terminal A (Departures and Arrivals), Terminal B (Arrivals) and Terminal C (Arrivals).
- The left luggage facility on the Arrivals level of the International Terminal and is open from 07:00 until 23:00.
Storage costs ? 2.00 for up to 7 hours, ? 3.50 per 24 hours. Large or heavy luggage costs ? 6.00 per day.
In the event of your baggage being lost, please report immediately to the handling operator indicated on the monitor.
- Bureau de change
24-hour cash machines (ATMs)
- There is a chapel and a prayer room in the airport.
- More Services:
- There is a first aid facility in the airport.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are numerous first class shopping centres, that have exclusive stores selling quality goods, as well as the duty-free shops.
- There are a number of excellent restaurants, cafes and bars located throughout the airport.
- Business Facilities:
- There is an Executive Centre in Terminal A with a wide-range of business facilities.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Reserved parking is available in the multi-storey car parks B, C, and D, where disabled drivers with permits may park. There are lounges for disabled passengers in all terminals. Disabled passengers requiring special assistance are advised to notify their airlines beforehand.
- Airlines Served:
- Aegean Airlines, Aer Lingus, Aeroflot Russian Airlines, Air Alps Aviation, Air Europa, Air France, Air Littoral, Air Malta, Air One, Air Polonia, Air Vallee, Albanian Airlines, Alitalia, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, Brussels Airlines, Czech Airlines, Finnair, GlobeSpan, KLM Dutch Airlines, KLM Exel, Kuwait Airways, Lauda Air Italia, Lufthansa, Luxair, Macedonian Airlines, Maersk Air, Montenegro Airlines, Olympic Airways, Royal Air Maroc, Saudi Arabian Airlines, SkyEurope Airlines, Swiss Air, TAP - Air Portugal, Tunisair, Turkish Airlines, Ukraine International Airlines, Virgin Express, Wind Jet, Yemenia - Yemen Airways.
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is included in the price of the ticket.
- Activities near the Airport:
- While waiting for your next flight take the opportunity to see a bit of this old city, and in particular the Vatican in all its extravagant ornamentation and magnificence. Wonder at the Sistine Chapel and the work of Michelangelo covering the ceiling.
- Other Interesting Information:
- The magnificent Trevi Fountain with its great statue of the sea-god Neptune was originally discovered by a young girl in ancient times when she found a spring intersecting the three roads leading to Rome. The enormous structure was however, only completed in 1751. So, if you only have time to see one of the glories of Rome go and sit at the Trevi Fountain and enjoy the romance and beauty of it.