Rome Ciampino Airport (CIA) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Rome Ciampino Airport
- Airport Code:
- Roma Ciampino airport is located on the Via Appia Nuova, 15 km from the centre of Rome.
- (+)39 6 7934 8521, (+)39
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available at the airport. The official taxis are white and identified by the illuminated Taxi sign on the roof. Ensure the meter is running, and check the approximate price of the journey beforehand.
- Bus fare to the station is 1Euro.
- There is a bus available to take passengers to the nearby train station, and passengers then take the train into Rome. Alternatively take a bus to the central train station in Rome. There are taxis available to take passengers to the railway stations, and the fare will be about ?35.
- COTRAL buses run every 15 minutes from Ciampino to the Anagnina stop of Subway Line A.
A taxi from Ciampino to the center city costs approximately 30-40 euros.
- Airport Info:
- The Airport has 4 information desks located throughout the 4 passengers terminals.
- The Lost & Found service for lost luggage is located at the information desk at Arrivals.
- The Banca di Roma (Bank) is represented at the airport. There are Cash Points in the Arrivals area, and in the General Aviation Terminal.
- More Services:
- The Arrivals and Departures areas are equipped with nurseries and qualified staff are on hand to assist passengers.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Top class shops are located in the airport, as well as duty free.
- There are a number of excellent restaurants, cafes and bars located throughout the airport.
- Business Facilities:
- There is available a VIP hall and lounge with snack bar, personalised boarding and disembarkation gates, reserved check-in services, and a 'crew rest room', which is a multi-functional room for conferencing and business meetings, and a pilots operations room.
- Disabled Facilities:
- ?G.B. Pastine? Roma Ciampino Airport has taken down any architectural barriers that caused inconvenience to disabled passengers, and provides state-of-the-art facilities for all those in need of them.
- Airlines Served:
- Transavia Airlines, Sterling, Carpatair, Ryanair, thomsonfly, easyJet, Air Berlin, Hapag-Lloyd Express, Wizz Air, V Bird, helvetic
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is included in the price of the ticket.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Rome is an ancient city and so full of interesting architecture and Roman ruins, that passengers can easily wile away a few hours doing a bit of sightseeing while waiting for the next connection.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Did you know that St Peter?s Basilica in Rome was built in 324 AD by Constantine and is the greatest church in the world.The spiritual centre of Christendom, Michaelangelo's poignant statue of Mary holding her dead Son can be seen in this church.