Pisa International Galileo Galilei Airport (PSA) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- The Pisa taxi cooperative known as the CO.TA.PI, and Radio Taxi both run a 24-hour taxi service from the airport. CO.TA.PI has a collective taxi running to the Pisa Centrale railway station and Ospedale Santa Chiara for a flat rate.
- Bus no.3 carry's passengers to various stops in the city centre, and leaves from outside the Arrivals hall and from the Cassa Parcheggi, outside the Departures hall.
- Trains run from the railway station next to the terminal, with services to Lucca via Pisa Centrale, Florence (Firenze SMN) via Pisa Centrale, Pontedera and Empoli, as well as a service to Florence via Montecatini and Pistoia.
- Taxis and buses are available at the airport. The bus service leaves from outside the Arrivals hall, and from the Cassa Parcheggi outside the Departures hall.
- Airport Info:
- The airport information desk in the Arrivals hall provides tourist and flight info, and one can purchase rail and bus tickets there. The tourist information desk can be found outside the Arrivals Hall.
- There is a left-luggage service provided at the information office, and a porter service is available.
- There is a post office in the airport, and a bank that has an ATM, as well as a currency exchange machine.
- More Services:
- The airport provides a First Aid Station, and an Air Health Office, which offers a surgery where vaccinations are available. Other facilities include a children's play area.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Most of the shops are located in the La Corte shopping area. A tax-free shop is located in Departures.
- There is a bar on the ground floor, and two restaurants on the first floor.
- Business Facilities:
- The Galilei Business Centre, tel: (0)50 849 200; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, provides a meeting room with a capacity of 50, plus two others that accommodate 10 people each. The Etruria Hall provides equipment such as an overhead projector, microphone, slide projector and screen. There is also a VIP lounge available.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport has provided disabled toilets and lifts, as well as ramps inside and outside the terminal. The hearing impaired are catered for with the provision of TDDs. Reserved parking is available in the short-term car parks and the multi-storey car parks. Should disabled passengers require special assistance, they are advised to inform their airline in advance.
- Airlines Served:
- Air France, Air One, Alitalia, Basiq Air, Britannia, British Airways, Hapag-Lloyd Express, Iberia, Lufthansa, Meridiana, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Ryanair, thomsonfly, Transavia Airlines Air Dolomiti.
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is included in the price of the ticket.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Take the bus into town and check out the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa, or do a little sightseeing. There are many beautiful buildings in the city other than the tower.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Home of the famous Leaning Tower, Pisa offers a lot more than a rather dodgy architectural decision, it has other magnificent Baroque buildings that do stand erect, gorgeous scenery, and food that is well on a par with that of any other international city.